• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdun67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey INGO! I recently got into suppressors. I currently own (2) of the SilencerCo Hybrid46 CANS. And after a few trial and errors i finally got the Mounts to work and got it all setup correctly.

I am Happy with the hybrid 46 but i was wondering if anyone else had good luck with other big bore suppressors and specifically for deer hunting? I have seen the Griffin Bushwacker46 but have no experience with it.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Hey INGO! I recently got into suppressors. I currently own (2) of the SilencerCo Hybrid46 CANS. And after a few trial and errors i finally got the Mounts to work and got it all setup correctly.

I am Happy with the hybrid 46 but i was wondering if anyone else had good luck with other big bore suppressors and specifically for deer hunting? I have seen the Griffin Bushwacker46 but have no experience with it.
    What calibers do you want to suppress and what are your current complaints with the Hybrid 46? The bushwacker is user serviceable so you can clean out lead if you are using cast bullets. The Thunderbeast Fly 45 is modular in length and much lighter (titanium), but also more expensive. A rex MG7k in 458 would cut some length down, but would be louder than the Hybrid 46.

Last edited:

gdun67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Indiana
    What calibers do you want to suppress and what are your current complaints with the Hybrid 46? The bushwacker is user serviceable so you can clean out lead if you are using cast bullets. The Thinderbeast Fly 45 is modular in length and much lighter (titanium), but also more expensive. A rex MG7k in 458 would cut some length down, but would be louder than the Hybrid 46.
    So those are good questions that I forgot to mention.

I primarily hunt with a 450bushmaster AR pistol with 10" barrel. The hybrid 46 seems heavy. And I got suckered into the ASR mounts and QD stuff made by silencerco and on my 7th shot I had a baffle strike. SilencerCo stated I didn't have enough "shoulder" for the setup. NyleRN helped me get setup with some griffin stuff that has worked great.
    I've been a fan of the griffin stuff so was leaning towards a bushwacker but wasn't sure.

Top Bottom