• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Valpo
    Have a question about sights for a handgun. Shot the other day for the first time in 20 years or so. First thing I noticed is my sight picture is not what it use to be. I'm nearsighted (corrected to 20/20), and use to have no problem with focus of site and target. Now at 51 the front sight is not totally in focus. Are there some sights better than others for increased visibility / contrast?

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    There is no better sights then Big Dots from XS. I have them on my .357, Glocks, AR's and AK's. I put them on everything. I even install them for free.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    There is no better sights then Big Dots from XS. I have them on my .357, Glocks, AR's and AK's. I put them on everything. I even install them for free.

I'll have to keep that in mind (I want them on an XD9sc). Maybe the next time I go up to Fairmount to visit mom I'll make little side excursion to check you out.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    You may try some good sight paint. The white did just not cut it for me. I applied some green to my front, and red to my rear sights. Man it's like night and day.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    You may try some good sight paint. The white did just not cut it for me. I applied some green to my front, and red to my rear sights. Man it's like night and day.

May I suggest trying to get your hands on a set before you paint your own. I only point this out because I really dislike the setup quoted above. I am glad he likes it, but I don't, and wouldn't want to have to paint a gun to find out. YMMV.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    For a carry gun the XS Big Dots are hard to beat. They are very fast on target, just dot the I. I'm 53 and can actually see the front sight with the XS sights.

If you want sights for a target gun there are better options than XS. I'm sure some of these younger guys with good eyes will chime in.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I prefer square black front sights and a square notch in the rear. This goes for everything from up close and out to 50 yds.

I used to shoot with a red fiber optic in the front. I liked it fine, but I prefer plain black now.

Check out Heinie, Dawson or Warren.

Top Bottom