• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I am in need of a new mattress. I need the support of springs and the pressure relief of memory foam, so I would prefer a hybrid mattress--one that has the cooling gel foam. Medium firmness: not too hard or too soft. Ideally my budget is around $500-600, but I'm not sure that is possible for something decent. Suggestions?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Maybe this doesn't help, but we went with Saatva Loom & Leaf full foam about a year ago, and have been really happy with it. It does not have the "molded in" feel that a Tempur Pedic has. It really does feel like a hybrid to me, even though it's all foam. My wife and I have different hardness preferences, and I really never thought we'd be able to work this. She has scoliosis and wants to sleep on feathers; I want a piece of concrete with a layer of plywood over it. We've gone through hella beds in 20+ years because she can rarely use a bed more than 3 years, due to changes in her body and changes in the mattress. Years ago we had a Tempur Pedic, and when I watched a truck haul it away in a year, I said never again, we would just do springs.

The Saatva "relaxed firm" hardness was actually good for both of us. We're both six-footers so we bought two Twin XLs and put them side by side, which makes a King. I figured this way when she gets tired of hers, she can get a new one for her side and I'll just keep mine until it falls apart, and not have to pay for a whole new bed. Saatva has a deal where you can sleep on the bed for I think 90 or 180 days, and if you don't like it, they'll let you switch it out for another one for only $99. You cannot go wrong with that deal. My wife got the relaxed firm right off the bat and loved it. I got the firm, and actually ended up using the switch-out option to get the same one she has. It sleeps cool, the cooling materials are much better these days, and I don't have to pry myself out of it every time I turn over like the Tempur Pedic.

These were about $1400 apiece and buying sight-unseen does seem tricky, but it worked out well. It is still considerably (I mean CONSIDERABLY) cheaper than a Tempur Pedic, and again you have the switch-out option for $99, which I don't think anyplace else will do. They were spot-on with the deliveries and taking the old ones away, and I had them here twice so feel like I got my money's worth out of that.

Hope this may be in some way helpful, maybe not, but I would recommend it.

Top Bottom