Best handgun with integrated laser sight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Crimson trace all the way.
    Some come factory equipped (certain ruger and s&w revolvers have them).
    They can be added to almost any popular handgun.
    Tell her to find a gun she likes and can handle well, then buy the Crimson trace separate (find a decent sale online).

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Personally I am not a laser fan (I don't pay much attention to those to know what is out there) just trying to help her with what she has interest in.

At first she wanted a lightweight weapon not understanding perceived recoil, we discussed this for a while.

I don't think that she is solely looking for integrated laser.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    S&W M&P9c or Shield 9mm with a Crimson Trace product. Preferably in GREEN!!! AND XS Big Dots.
    /thead

Robertpetry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    You said for home defense? I use a Ruger SR9c and a strong hand held flashlight for home defense. I do have a Lasermax on my LCP though. But it is for carry, not home defense. I think a strong flashlight is needed in the home. You have to be sure what you are shooting at and as a personal preference I like a non-attached flashlight for this purpose. I don't want to point at everything I light up. Could be a kid ya know?

i suppose I don't have any issues with a laser on a home defense gun as long as there is a good flashlight in use too. Most pistols I have seen sold with mastered are too small for good home defense.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Not a Bodyguard.

I will bite. Why not a bodyguard? My wife carries a S&W bodyguard in .380 w/ integrated laser. I tell her to not dick with the laser, if she ever has to draw, she needs to focus on site alignment and her target. Not the small rubbery laser power button.

It's been an exceptionally reliable weapon, not a single failure to feed. Eats hollow points, FMJ, of every manufacture we've thrown at it. The only downside from my perspective is the long trigger pull that is heavier then anything I would personally want to carry. But it also has an external safety, which provided her a level of confidence in its safety carrying cocked/lock w/ 1 in the chamber.

She saw the Glock 42 I sometimes carry when I need something more easily concealed and asked what keeps it from going off. I said "Me not pulling the trigger". Even though she is very pro 2nd amendment and self defense oriented, the concept of a firearm without an external safety seems reckless to her.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I will bite. Why not a bodyguard? My wife carries a S&W bodyguard in .380 w/ integrated laser. I tell her to not dick with the laser, if she ever has to draw, she needs to focus on site alignment and her target. Not the small rubbery laser power button.

It's been an exceptionally reliable weapon, not a single failure to feed. Eats hollow points, FMJ, of every manufacture we've thrown at it. The only downside from my perspective is the long trigger pull that is heavier then anything I would personally want to carry. But it also has an external safety, which provided her a level of confidence in its safety carrying cocked/lock w/ 1 in the chamber.

She saw the Glock 42 I sometimes carry when I need something more easily concealed and asked what keeps it from going off. I said "Me not pulling the trigger". Even though she is very pro 2nd amendment and self defense oriented, the concept of a firearm without an external safety seems reckless to her.

OP said "something" with a "laser" for "home defense"

I'm not knocking the 380 to carry on your person, but for "home defense" I have other contenders. Plus why limit yourself to 6+1 for home defense if you don't have to carry the gun on your person?

A 20g shotgun would be easy to handle and deliver plenty of stopping power. If she'd prefer a handgun then get a full/mid size 9mm. Glock 19, sr9c, M&P, FNS9, etc. I just feel that a long gun is easier for someone to use than a handgun (accuracy).

***Edit I just realized the actual title specified handgun...DERP. :ugh::alcoholic:

There are no production handguns that I'm aware of that have integrated sights (not aftermarket) that are what I would recommend for "home defense" because most are in .380, why not 9 for home?

I'm still going with glock 19 w/ a crimson trace.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    A female coworker of mine is looking for something for home defense, she likes the idea of the laser sight.
    Any suggestions?
    Crimson Trace is my choice. They make up for sight alignment, but not poor trigger control. There is no easy path to accurate shooting. One must put in the effort.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville

I'm glad your wife likes hers and can shoot it well.

But I will say this. The Bodyguard 380 on the rental counter has sold more Sig P238s for us than it has sold Bodyguard 380s. That's with the BG380 functioning 100% perfect.

Top Bottom