• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I just got back from horseback riding at the Brown county state park. I treated my fiance to horseback riding for our 5th anniversary of our first date. While on the way back my fiance told me to close my eyes, instructed me not to open them, drove off the highway a little ways, parked the car and left for a long time. When she got back to the car she put something in the back seat of the car she was driving. She started back towards the highway and told me to open my eyes. I looked in the back seat and there was a cardboard Remington box. She told me to open the box and when I did I saw what the contents were...

:popcorn:

A 700 SPS Varmint chambered in .308.

Apparantly she had seen the Dick's SG store in Noblesville on the way down and decided to stop in and test her luck at the availability of the gun since no Fort Wayne stores had the gun in. She told me she had been looking for it for 3 weeks with no luck. I certainly picked the right girl!

I have not taken pictures yet because I would have to put the gun down to take pictures, and that isn't going to happen anytime soon. I will post pictures when I finally get it setup. Sorry for the long post, I am just really excited!

Last edited:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You are one lucky fellow in more ways than one. You have got yourself one great future wife as well as one heck of a new rifle.

Those 700s are hard to beat. Plus the .308 is a great cartridge.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    My wife did a similiar thing a while back. I had mentioned that I wanted an XD. While I was out of town, I decided to call the local gun shop and order it so it would be there when I got back. I found it odd that the guy did not want a credit card # or any downpayment. Come to find out, my wife was in the store ordering the gun, when I called. Too bad the gun shop guy figured it out, I could have had 2!

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Wow! What's taking you so long to marry her? (just kidding; it's none of my business)

I gotta say though, 5 years after the first date for my wife and me, we had been married for 4 and a half years and had 3 kids! Guns had already been exchanged more than once at that point.
    :D

243rem700

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Sorry to disappoint guys, but her sister has a boyfriend and is not into guns at all. We have been waiting to get married so I could finish school. Once I get the rifle setup I will be sure to post pictures and a range report!

I got my Nightforce 20 MOA base installed and my burris XTR rings came in the mail today. I am waiting a week or two to get the funds together for a Super Sniper scope.

As for the riding it was enjoyable but would have been much better if the horse I was given wasn't so stubborn.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom