• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Well I have finished my Draco SBR and I am looking into a can as my next NFA purchase. I have thought about a 9mm can and have looked into a few of those, but I want the most "pfft" for my buck so I am also looking at rifle cans.

What would be the best can for 7.62x39, 308, 300blk, and 5.56. Obviously a 30cal can is a must, but that is about all that is obvious to me as I know very little about suppressors. I have been looking into the 7.62 can coming out from Huntertown, but I am not sure if it can handle 308/300blk. I have also looked at AAC suppressors but I am not sure if they can do 7.62x39.

Anyone out there run one can on their AK, AR10/308 bolt gun, and ar15?

Thanks guys

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    This why I asked if Htowns 308 suppressor (when it comes out) will be able to be bought with the AK baffles and endcap. If it could happen, it would handle every caliber you listed. But I'm not sure if that would change the caliber it was manufactered for. I still haven't gotten an answer yet from them, but I'm in no hurry and who knows when the 308 can will even come out.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    The HA 762AK can will be good for 300BLK, but not 308. It's not suitable for use on a 5.56 since the holes are so big.

The 7.62 cans can be used for 7.62x39, but the reasoning behind the 762AK is that the larger bore will compensate for crappy threads.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Are there any other cans out there that would do this? I could get the bbl on the ak rethreaded for ar muzzle attachments and use an AR10 adapter if I needed to

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    What he said. I ordered one from ssnfa (curraheguns) for my 308/223 needs. I'd send Corey a pm and tell him that you've sat on the futon.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_lJFV-jpTU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ffVV0-0Iik&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Gotta love that. Buy the titanium if you can afford it. Yhm makes mounts for AK s even ones with reverse threads so you won't need to rethread anything.

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Well I have finished my Draco SBR and I am looking into a can as my next NFA purchase. I have thought about a 9mm can and have looked into a few of those, but I want the most "pfft" for my buck so I am also looking at rifle cans.

What would be the best can for 7.62x39, 308, 300blk, and 5.56. Obviously a 30cal can is a must, but that is about all that is obvious to me as I know very little about suppressors. I have been looking into the 7.62 can coming out from Huntertown, but I am not sure if it can handle 308/300blk. I have also looked at AAC suppressors but I am not sure if they can do 7.62x39.

Anyone out there run one can on their AK, AR10/308 bolt gun, and ar15?

Thanks guys

Disclaimer: I own Huntertown Arms. Of course I recommend buying our stuff.

Stay away from 9mm cans. You'll be creating a grenade putting one on a 7.62x39 Draco.

I was in Vegas watching the guys at Rifle Dynamics put several hundred rounds of 7.62x39 through our AK can on their fire breathing 8" Draco machine gun last week. Even at machine gun speeds on an incredibly short barrel, no one was using ear pro. And there was no damage to the can when we took it apart for inspection.

If you are going to shoot corrosive ammo research how a sealed suppressor can be cleaner before buying one. Our experince (and one of the things that lead to our decision to make a user serviceable, all stainless can) is that the corrosive salts inside the can will build up and affect critical tolerances (like the bore diameter). Can you clean it out? Don't know, because they are sealed.

I don't know of anyone else in the industry that will warrant their 7.62 can for use on a sub 12" barrel. We do.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Stay away from 9mm cans. You'll be creating a grenade putting one on a 7.62x39 Draco.
    I was talking about 9mm can for a 9mm pistol. I will probably get one or the other for now and get the other suppressor later.

I would like to get a huntertown arms can, but I wasn't sure if I could use it for 308, 300blk, 7.62x39, AND 5.56

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Disclaimer: I own Huntertown Arms. Of course I recommend buying our stuff.

I was in Vegas watching the guys at Rifle Dynamics put several hundred rounds of 7.62x39 through our AK can on their fire breathing 8" Draco machine gun last week. Even at machine gun speeds on an incredibly short barrel, no one was using ear pro. And there was no damage to the can when we took it apart for inspection.

If you are going to shoot corrosive ammo research how a sealed suppressor can be cleaner before buying one. Our experince (and one of the things that lead to our decision to make a user serviceable, all stainless can) is that the corrosive salts inside the can will build up and affect critical tolerances (like the bore diameter). Can you clean it out? Don't know, because they are sealed.

I don't know of anyone else in the industry that will warrant their 7.62 can for use on a sub 12" barrel. We do.

WHEN WHEN WHEN???? We need to know!!!! The suspense is killing us and making us look other directions for our needs!

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I was talking about 9mm can for a 9mm pistol. I will probably get one or the other for now and get the other suppressor later.

I would like to get a huntertown arms can, but I wasn't sure if I could use it for 308, 300blk, 7.62x39, AND 5.56

The Kestrel 7.62 is true multi-caliber suppressor. Availability will be announced in the next few weeks.

WHEN WHEN WHEN???? We need to know!!!! The suspense is killing us and making us look other directions for our needs!

We are Form 3ing the Kestrel 5.56 and Kestrel 7.62 AK to dealers now. The Kestrel 7.62 release date will be announced as soon as we get an inventory built up. My guess is you'll hear more about it in the next three weeks.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    A betting man would say:

1/2-28
    1/2-36
    9/16-24
    5/8-24
    5/8-32
    .578-24
    14x1LH
    14x1
    24x1.5
    QD

Getting the picture yet?

Must have more info on the QD mounts. Will they be out by the time we start getting our stamps for the first batch?

Edit: Nevermind, I seen it in your guy's sub forum. Awesome!

Top Bottom