• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    My dear wife has decided that she would really like to go to a quality burger joint tonight. So I ask of the forum: who has the best burgers near Hamilton County? I have been Bubs in Carmel, and the usual assortment of other chain restaurants. Are there any standouts in Boone, Clinton, Tipton, or Madison County?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Teds Montana Grill at 86th and 465 NW corner Marion county is great. They grind the meat in the store, usually twice a day, from whole cuts. It is fresh and one of the few places I trust to do a rare or medium rare burger. That have all the toppings you expect and many gorumet toppings. Add hand cut fries and salt and pepper onion rings and wow!

Nice cozy booths to sit in as well...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Teds Montana Grill at 86th and 465 NW corner Marion county is great. They grind the meat in the store, usually twice a day, from whole cuts. It is fresh and one of the few places I trust to do a rare or medium rare burger. That have all the toppings you expect and many gorumet toppings. Add hand cut fries and salt and pepper onion rings and wow!

Nice cozy booths to sit in as well...

Don't forget the bison option also...

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I have never had a Burger at big Hoffa's, but their barbecue sandwiches are amazing. We went to Ted's Montana Grill tonight and it was pretty dang good! The onion rings were excellent, and the burgers definitely a step up from the usual suspects.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have never had a Burger at big Hoffa's, but their barbecue sandwiches are amazing. We went to Ted's Montana Grill tonight and it was pretty dang good! The onion rings were excellent, and the burgers definitely a step up from the usual suspects.

Glad you liked it, one of my favorites.

Those OR are almost as good at home baked at 450 degrees on a rack on a cookie sheet. An excellent accompaniment to some homemade chili.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Today we had cheese burgers (bacon and jalapenos on mine) and onion rings and fries and chocolate malts at "The Point" drive-in in North Judson.
    We are going back.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Ted’s bison or beef should indeed be way up the list. Probably the top.

I’d bet the Prime at Weber would be right there though. Haven’t had it, as I seem to be drawn to their meatloaf repeatedly (yeah, it’s “that” good, even at a steakhouse).

That said, I will comment that a person can slum a whole lot lower than Five Guys. Deliver a solid burger performance, they can. Outperform much nicer-looking and more expensive joints, they do.

Like. Just about any of the snootier burger chains...I’m looking at you, Mr. Robin.....

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    If you want something with a different atmosphere try Ford's Garage in Noblesville. Its at the Hamilton Town Center right off I69 exit 210

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom