• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Was going to suggest trying Clan Mcgregor for a six pack deal. Get “one“ to try.

It’s a bottom shelf scotch, but it’s good stuff. I don’t see why it’s so cheap, it is a blended scotch but still has a good flavor and taste profile. Much better than the top shelf blended stuff that’s typical locally. JMO. I don’t like any other blended scotch.

I’m typically a single malt guy (Glenn Levitt) but this stuff is good. And at the current price point it’s great for the six pac deal at Kroger. Best o luck.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Received a bottle of Michters US1 Small Batch as a gift. Before everyone left, it was gone. It was so good that I went and got 2 more bottles. This will be my go to now, it came in at 46$ a bottle. So smooth with no burn.

logguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I LIKE Woodford, Knob Creek is OK, Crown Royal, and Michter's. I'm waiting for a special occasion to open the
    Russell's.
    Tried Red Breast, but wasn't impressed.

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I LIKE Woodford, Knob Creek is OK, Crown Royal, and Michter's. I'm waiting for a special occasion to open the
    Russell's.
    Tried Red Breast, but wasn't impressed.
    Crown Royal gets good marks but it’s dangerous. It’s so smooth and soft you can easily over do it. Just speaking for myself I want to know when I’ve had a sip of liquor. CR doesn’t do that for me. Wood and Knob both work.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just got a Costco membership (finally!) and tried to find the highly-regarded Kirkland (house brand) bourbon…

No luck at the Avon store. Not looking for scotch or Canadian whiskey, Just bourbon. Can anyone tell me if this stuff is available at other Costco warehouses in or around Indy?

SharkyZiff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Fishers
    I just got a Costco membership (finally!) and tried to find the highly-regarded Kirkland (house brand) bourbon…

No luck at the Avon store. Not looking for scotch or Canadian whiskey, Just bourbon. Can anyone tell me if this stuff is available at other Costco warehouses in or around Indy?
    The Kirkland bourbons produced by Barton 1792 are only available once a year. Basically they get in Small Batch first, and then Bottled in Bond, and then Single Barrel. Each store only gets so many cases and once they are gone they are gone. (Until next year anyway, at least that is how it has been the last three years…) When I see them I usually purchase at least 6 bottles because they are hard to beat for the price.

Edit:
    Oh, and there are ALOT of good bourbons under $50… Eagle Rare, WT Rare Breed, Heaven & Hill 7 year BiB, … I may have a bourbon problem... LOL

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

You don’t need a membership to buy booze there. :thumbsup:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Crown Royal gets good marks but it’s dangerous. It’s so smooth and soft you can easily over do it. Just speaking for myself I want to know when I’ve had a sip of liquor. CR doesn’t do that for me. Wood and Knob both work.
    Wood tends to work for us also, we are curious to try the Crown Blackberry and see if we like that on occasion.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Kirkland bourbons produced by Barton 1792 are only available once a year. Basically they get in Small Batch first, and then Bottled in Bond, and then Single Barrel. Each store only gets so many cases and once they are gone they are gone. (Until next year anyway, at least that is how it has been the last three years…) When I see them I usually purchase at least 6 bottles because they are hard to beat for the price.

Edit:
    Oh, and there are ALOT of good bourbons under $50… Eagle Rare, WT Rare Breed, Heaven & Hill 7 year BiB, … I may have a bourbon problem... LOL
    Thanks… So, what time of year do I look for these?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Yep, there is a post prohibition law here that prevents member only purchasing of alcohol

simply tell the door checker you are there to buy alcohol. In most cases, you should be allowed in without any issue, but if the door checker isn’t familiar with the law, they may stop you. In this case, ask to talk to a manager who should be familiar with the policy and let you pass. If you happen to live in any of the other 38.

Once at checkout, you will again need to tell the cashier you don’t have a Costco Membership. The cashier will have to call over a manager to get approval for the transaction. Most Costco stores have managers right on the checkout line, so this should only take a few seconds, and it shouldn’t cause others in line to wait a long time. It’s important to note that Costco currently doesn’t take American Express, Mastercard or Discover in their store locations (they do accept Mastercard and Discover online. So, for now you’ll have to make your purchase with cash or a visa card.

Reactions: Mij
    Top Bottom