• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    I am trying to decide which of these 2 guns to buy for animal control work. I want to put a laser/flashlight and scope on the gun. I unfortunately néed to use 22 lr cb as they work wonders in attics. Any feed back is greatly appreciated.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have shot a lot of buckmarks and have owned/own two Berettas. Love them both. I would guess the exposed hammer and larger slide of the Beretta may be less tolerant of lower powered ammo than the Buckmark. Also, If bought new, the Tactical is going to be a lot cheaper and easier to find. I think this was a Gander Mtn exclusive.

Chevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Thanks for the input, I can only find one buckmark tactical in the store and online they where out of stock. It runs $500 bucks but I saw a member on here with the Beretta for $450 so...

Chevans

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Bought the buckmark contour tactical! It rang up at $450 so must have been on sale! Hope it serves it's purpose well!!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Let us know what you think. I almost picked one of those up a couple times. I just couldn't get past the "Tactical" moniker.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    live trap or conibear type trap

Traps in the attic are usually more successful than cb caps and usually keep you from putting a foot down between the joists and through the ceiling in all the excitement of the 'coon
    (or Squirrel, snake, Chipmunk) trying to climb up your leg.:draw:

And whatever you do, don't try to chase a squirrel out of the house when the fireplace is lit unless you have glass doors on the f/p. Little kamikaze arsonists, they are.

Top Bottom