Beretta 80X Cheetahs - Out for sale yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I got to check it out at the NRA convention and was impressed at first glance. I'll probably wait a little while and see if price comes down though. $800 seems a bit steep.

What I really want is an 81 in nice condition, but I think that ship has sailed (unless I want to pay an absurd price.)

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    Damn I didn't know they'd be listed for almost a grand! I handled some at NRAAM and really liked how it feels, maybe I just need smaller circumference frames. But I don't like it enough to shell out $900! That's too much for cast aluminum...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Damn I didn't know they'd be listed for almost a grand! I handled some at NRAAM and really liked how it feels, maybe I just need smaller circumference frames. But I don't like it enough to shell out $900! That's too much for cast aluminum...
    Looks like most places will have them for around 749.00 and I saw one offer for 729.00, there are some now popping up on GB so they are available, there's one buy it now at 779.00.

BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    Looks like most places will have them for around 749.00 and I saw one offer for 729.00, there are some now popping up on GB so they are available, there's one buy it now at 779.00.
    $800ish is kinda high for a .380, but I can stomach that a little more. You'd think that for a cast part .380, it would be closer to $600

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Wish they had one chambered in 9mm. Handled one at the NRA show and the trigger was fantastic. I could do with it being a bit more toned down without all the fancy cuts and features, more like the old ones, as long as it kept the trigger. But .380… not big enough to carry, too expensive for a range toy. Womp womp.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    My GF has an 84f, it's a good women's gun. It's a little odd and it doesn't want to rack easily, probably need to do a strip/clean/lube to it. Has great ergos though.

I'd go for a similar metal frame platform in 9mm from Beretta if they had one. I like the PX4 if it weren't a poly frame.

But that is why I just got a CZ (sorry Beretta).
    cz_75d_pcr.jpg

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I checked out the 80x at NRAAM. I personally thought the bronze one was an attractive pistol. Grip felt good. Easy to rack and operate all the controls. My first thought was that it’d be a great soft shooter for my wife and kids to train on. But not at that price. I don’t think many will consider it a serious EDC gun but it could be fun if it was more affordable.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    My GF has an 84f, it's a good women's gun. It's a little odd and it doesn't want to rack easily, probably need to do a strip/clean/lube to it. Has great ergos though.

I'd go for a similar metal frame platform in 9mm from Beretta if they had one. I like the PX4 if it weren't a poly frame.

But that is why I just got a CZ (sorry Beretta).
    View attachment 273485
    Probably nothing wrong with it 84’s are just stiff guns it’s why they came out with the 86

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Then it wouldn't be a Cheetah. The Cheetahs were only chambered in .32, .380, and 22lr.
    Maybe not...but a metal-framed DA/SA of that size in 9mm, with a locked breech (not straight blowback like the Cheetah) would be an amazing carry gun, especially with the vertec-style grip of the 80X.

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Maybe not...but a metal-framed DA/SA of that size in 9mm, with a locked breech (not straight blowback like the Cheetah) would be an amazing carry gun, especially with the vertec-style grip of the 80X.
    Exactly. I don’t care if it’s a “cheetah”. It doesn’t negate the fact that that gun chambered in 9mm would kick tail.

Top Bottom