• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    I use a 6 inch (the 4 inch version rolled) off-brand belly band I got at a gun show sometimes with my PF9. I wear it high though, just below my chest so the gun is up under my arm. Little slower to get to, but it conceals very well, and can wear with just about any shirt that is opaque. One side holds gun the other side an extra magazine.

It does hold heat in and can make you sweat which can then rust your gun. Recommend a stainless gun or one of the coated ceramics (dura-kote, cera-kote, etc) to minimize corrosion risk. Take it out of the band every night and dry it and lubricate regularly.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    When I first started carrying, I bought one for my Walther PPS when I wanted a very low profile carry. It was comfortable and it worked as far as I could wear it under a button up shirt with almost no printing. The gun just front of my right side. The reason I stopped using it was that it required significantly obvious and somewhat slow movement to access the weapon. Under a T-shirt I can do it much quicker, but typically I can get by with an IWB or even a belt holster with a T-shirt.

MrsTuesday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    I have been looking for this information as well. I tend to wear skirts about 98% of the time. Most of them have simple elastic waist bands. I don't want to have carry in several different locations dependent upon my clothing, so I am looking for a method that will allow me to carry in most of my outfits. I would be glad for more information on carry options.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have been looking for this information as well. I tend to wear skirts about 98% of the time. Most of them have simple elastic waist bands. I don't want to have carry in several different locations dependent upon my clothing, so I am looking for a method that will allow me to carry in most of my outfits. I would be glad for more information on carry options.

The belly band would work with a skirt because it is one of the few options that does not require a belt.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Or, you could OC with a belt over a skirt. Guys (me) see that, we see Jesica Alba from Sin City.
    Wait, did I just say that. No, it was in my head. I'm ok.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Or, you could OC with a belt over a skirt. Guys (me) see that, we see Jesica Alba from Sin City.
    Wait, did I just say that. No, it was in my head. I'm ok.

:facepalm:

OK, I've been doing my homework and listening to your suggestions and I am very interested in the Smart Carry but now would like to see The Betty too. Since I'm one of those folks that would rather put my hands on it before I buy it, I'm gonna have to drag the hubby to the 1500 with me to see if I can find either of them there...

Bullet Thrower

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Another man report here ...
    I can report first hand from this past weekend testing a BB with a Commander 1911. I bought the Band to use in a situation where I would not have a belt on, so the application seemed perfect. The Brand is Valor Gear out of Englewood,TN which I got at the Fall Indy1500 after trying it on. valorgear.net
    So far, I am very pleased with the retention of the gun. Seated , walking, standing, the gun stayed where it was placed, and did not shift, or pop loose despite not having a retention strap. I was constantly going from seated to standing during my testing.

I did have the band fastened fairly snug on my body but not tight. Comfortable enough to where I had to reach over and pat the gun to make sure it was still there. The nylon material was kind to the gun finish as well.

In short, for my activity, and the fact I would not be wearing a belt, it was exactly the correct tool for the job.

Cost was approx. $30 well worth a try in my book, and I will probably buy another.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    You might take a look at the "kangaroo" type holsters; sort of a belly band with shoulder straps. The straps help support the weight of a decent handgun and limit shifting a bit. Worn under a shirt, however, it's not something you can get to very fast. Might think of it as deep concealment. Something to be aware of. It's a bit more accessible worn over a shirt, but under a vest.

Kangaroo Carry
    Kangaroo Industries Undercover/Off Duty Shoulder Holster
    Concealed Carry Holsters | Deep Conceal

I have one of these holsters and I had to add a second shoulder strap then connect the two together across the back of my shoulders to keep it from sliding off of my shoulder. I suggested that to the maker but I don't know if they made any changes to their design.
    It worked OK under my shirt and I left a button open so I could just reach inside to get at my gun.
    The band did want to rollup on me and sweated in the summer but it worked.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I have one of these holsters and I had to add a second shoulder strap then connect the two together across the back of my shoulders to keep it from sliding off of my shoulder. I suggested that to the maker but I don't know if they made any changes to their design...

Know what you mean. They're easy to tweak if you want to with a needle and thread. Did you see there are some new models that have 2 shoulder straps?

Top Bottom