• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    Thank you everyone who has responded and thank you for your kind words about losing Riley. It's been hard and lonely.

We just found out a couple days ago that a woman that we knew who our kids went to high school together years ago started raising German Shepherds and and she has an upcoming litter that will be born at the end of October. So it looks like by the end of the year that we are going to have a GSD puppy
    FANTASTIC! I'm happy for you.
    Is your preference for a male, female, doesn't matter?

As a backup plan, you might think... Weimaraner

abeguzmanmarine

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    TERRE HAUTE
    Thank you everyone who has responded and thank you for your kind words about losing Riley. It's been hard and lonely.

We just found out a couple days ago that a woman that we knew who our kids went to high school together years ago started raising German Shepherds and and she has an upcoming litter that will be born at the end of October. So it looks like by the end of the year that we are going to have a GSD puppy
    if that doesn't work out I have Anatolian Shepherds and Great Pyrenees. Mom is full Anatolian and dad is Anatolian / Pyrenees. They look and act like Anatolians with the better herd quality of a Pyrenees.

I also know the breeder we got our Anatolian from, she has pure Anatolian pups every year. The girl we received from her has been an amazing dog.

these aren't GS, but when you said you had 50 acres, they would thrive, they are large and need lots of room. We use them for a herd dog, but they are the most loving dogs we have ever had.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    if that doesn't work out I have Anatolian Shepherds and Great Pyrenees. Mom is full Anatolian and dad is Anatolian / Pyrenees. They look and act like Anatolians with the better herd quality of a Pyrenees.

I also know the breeder we got our Anatolian from, she has pure Anatolian pups every year. The girl we received from her has been an amazing dog.

these aren't GS, but when you said you had 50 acres, they would thrive, they are large and need lots of room. We use them for a herd dog, but they are the most loving dogs we have ever had.
    Selling or finding homes?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    FANTASTIC! I'm happy for you.
    Is your preference for a male, female, doesn't matter?

As a backup plan, you might think... Weimaraner

Female. Ever since I was a kid when I had a Brittany Spaniel that was mine always had a female. I think females train better and bond better.

I also feel they are less likely to be wound up or high strung.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

It's actually a 50 acre lake behind the house. But any dog would have a ball in that lake

abeguzmanmarine

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    TERRE HAUTE
    Selling or finding homes?
    I only have (2) pups right now, with one going to a little girl who lost her dog a month ago.

The last pup is for sale, but we are not actively posting. At a few months old she is already an amazing herd dog. Keeps up with dad and rounds up even the buck, she's not scared of getting knocked down.

If she doesn't go, we will be happy to keep her.

New litter coming in a month or so, I don't really know when, that's my wife's department. I just know I was told I had to get the birthing barn cleaned out and ready to go next weekend.

Top Bottom