• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would disagree. Those are just song lyrics. I don't think freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - maybe broke or destitute or insolvent are just another word for nothing left to lose but freedom has a completely different meaning to me.

You should take a step back and reconsider. You will learn sooner or later that the things you value will change. In particular, when you reach a point of realizing that things are not nearly so important as you once thought but the life you leave the children behind you is, your outlook will change. The realization one day that your time is running out will expedite this. It is in its way a very liberating thing to be at peace with death in the realization it is near even in the best of reasonable cases. At that point you will find that not much really matters other than your children and/or grandchildren, and that you can die just as happy taking care of the business necessary to protect them as you can in bed.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You should take a step back and reconsider. You will learn sooner or later that the things you value will change. In particular, when you reach a point of realizing that things are not nearly so important as you once thought but the life you leave the children behind you is, your outlook will change. The realization one day that your time is running out will expedite this. It is in its way a very liberating thing to be at peace with death in the realization it is near even in the best of reasonable cases. At that point you will find that not much really matters other than your children and/or grandchildren, and that you can die just as happy taking care of the business necessary to protect them as you can in bed.

You are preaching to the choir here son. And I think you might be reading things into my post that are not really there.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    sweden.png

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/co...spitals-inundated/N5DXE42OZJOLRQGGXOT7WJOLSU/

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It is imperative to keep in mind that the merits of any given course of action and the constitutionality of imposing solutions are two entirely different subjects.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

So, the most recent data I could find on ICU beds in Sweden was 5.8/100000, which translates to ~592. That is 30.7% covid ICU usage and is no worse than Indiana's numbers

Current Worldometers data shows 182 cases as serious out of 179559 active cases, or 0.001/1 in 1000. All things being equal, their case numbers can double without overwhelming ICU capacity

Their positivity rate is about 7%, so it would take about an additional 2.56 million (1/4 of their population) being exposed to double the number of active cases. It might be a while

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well I've been tested two times now for covid19. Both become of a Sinus infection. Also flu which i didn't have any symptoms not even a fever with my Sinus infection. I'm negative yet again.

I have a question for any Dr or scientist here. I have a beard how would wearing a proper mask stop this virus? My beard would allow it through even if I had an n95 mask right?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Plus Sweden is historically a very healthy country. They rank 5th in the world while US is 32nd. Over time this has lead them to have lower hospital capacity than many countries.
    Hospital beds per 1000 population -
    Sweden 2.22
    Norway 3.60
    Finland 3.28
    Denmark 2.61
    USA 2.77
    Switzerland 4.53
    Germany 8.00

So people can use percentages of their lower capacity to make things sound worse.
    It also means Sweden can add a significant percentage capacity by adding fewer beds.

Also it seems there is a faction that gleefully pounces on any downturn in Sweden's covid experience while ignoring other countries with worse experiences.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If no conceivable action would make your situation worse, then any action becomes conceivable

I was 21 when that song first came out. And then a couple years later Janis became the 6th group/person to release it and then everybody heard it. I have heard that song countless times and contemplated that line. This has led me to the conclusion that it is just a catchy line in a catchy song. At a first cursory listen it almost sounds right and even profound but upon further examination it falls apart. Freedom does not correlate well with financial status so 'nothing left to lose' is not just about that. In fact the song is mainly about the blues of losing a relationship. 'Nothing left to lose' is even more encompassing than that and is pretty much a state of despair. That is not synonymous with freedom.

Bottom line - Freedom is something. You can lose it. So it is not just another word for nothing left to lose.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These governors are dirtbags, to be sure. But I don't see how it's premeditated murder, since INGO has told me that they (the patients) were all gonna die anyway.

:coffee:

Pretty broad brush you are slinging paint with there my friend.
    Ingo is not all inclusive and we will stoop using it as such.
    :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was 21 when that song first came out. And then a couple years later Janis became the 6th group/person to release it and then everybody heard it. I have heard that song countless times and contemplated that line. This has led me to the conclusion that it is just a catchy line in a catchy song. At a first cursory listen it almost sounds right and even profound but upon further examination it falls apart. Freedom does not correlate well with financial status so 'nothing left to lose' is not just about that. In fact the song is mainly about the blues of losing a relationship. 'Nothing left to lose' is even more encompassing than that and is pretty much a state of despair. That is not synonymous with freedom.

Bottom line - Freedom is something. You can lose it. So it is not just another word for nothing left to lose.

That song was just a bunch of catchy lyrics the JJ looped into her song bird voice and everybody sang along. Nothing more.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    These governors are dirtbags, to be sure. But I don't see how it's premeditated murder, since INGO has told me that they (the patients) were all gonna die anyway.

:coffee:

Even with all of the misinformation we got from China on this virus, one of the few clear things we knew early on was that it was more likely to kill the elderly. These five insured the maximum exposure for those most at risk. That's what makes it premeditated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom