• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    I tool these yesterday around 2015 hrs, appx 10 miles west of Bedford near HWY 50 and SR446. Anyone else take any???

037.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

M88A1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Bedford
    This one was my second one, 1st one it was around 0600 and I was hiding in a hallway on FT. Stewart around 1997. Hit my motor pool, tore up post pretty good.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We were in 2 tornadoes 7 years ago this Memorial day weekend. We were camping at what I think is Lake Monroe Village. It was our one and only time there but I think that was the camp ground.

During the day on May 30th 2004, we went down to Marengo Cave. This was absolutely the safest place we could have possibly been when the tornado hit. We were forgotten while we were down. The lights were all out and our guide left us so he could go find out what was going on. We were down there for about an hour before anyone came back to let us know what was happening. It was pitch black down there. When we got out and back to the parking lot, we could see the devastation of what took place. Our back window was shattered and all from a smallish piece of styrofoam stuff. We eventually made it out of Marengo to get back to our camper. Most of the roads were closed and it was a mess. 80% of the town was wiped out.

While we were on our way back to the camper all residents were apparently notified except for us that there was a tornado warning and that they should seek shelter in one of the buildings. We were in our camper. Our daughter was asleep and Scutter and I were watching a movie and playing cards. It was very ominous outside. The camper started shaking and I knew immediately what it was. He grabbed our daughter and we were running toward the ranger station. While we were running across this giant open field, tables, chairs, umbrellas and everything else was blowing across the field perpendicular to the way we were running. It was scary and I NEVER want to be in another one again. My next house WILL have a basement. Right now, we have no safe place to go in our house.

Those pictures are REALLY cool though. I don't mind seeing them as long as I'm not involved. :)

Since then, Marengo cave has made some changes because of this incident.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    We were in 2 tornadoes 7 years ago this Memorial day weekend. We were camping at what I think is Lake Monroe Village. It was our one and only time there but I think that was the camp ground.

During the day on May 30th 2004, we went down to Marengo Cave. This was absolutely the safest place we could have possibly been when the tornado hit. We were forgotten while we were down. The lights were all out and our guide left us so he could go find out what was going on. We were down there for about an hour before anyone came back to let us know what was happening. It was pitch black down there. When we got out and back to the parking lot, we could see the devastation of what took place. Our back window was shattered and all from a smallish piece of styrofoam stuff. We eventually made it out of Marengo to get back to our camper. Most of the roads were closed and it was a mess. 80% of the town was wiped out.

While we were on our way back to the camper all residents were apparently notified except for us that there was a tornado warning and that they should seek shelter in one of the buildings. We were in our camper. Our daughter was asleep and Scutter and I were watching a movie and playing cards. It was very ominous outside. The camper started shaking and I knew immediately what it was. He grabbed our daughter and we were running toward the ranger station. While we were running across this giant open field, tables, chairs, umbrellas and everything else was blowing across the field perpendicular to the way we were running. It was scary and I NEVER want to be in another one again. My next house WILL have a basement. Right now, we have no safe place to go in our house.

Those pictures are REALLY cool though. I don't mind seeing them as long as I'm not involved. :)

Since then, Marengo cave has made some changes because of this incident.
    I live and work right outside of Marengo. I was deployed then but have seen the pictures and what it did to our family farm and the town itself and that was terrible!
    To the OP nice pics! Rep for you.:ingo:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I absolutely love tornadoes. Watched through the living room window as a small one took out some porch railing. The neighbors trampoline was picked up (it was anchored pretty good) and set upside down in their front yard. Use to drive around with my scanner trying to "chase" them back in high school. I found one and drove through it, it would've rated as an F0. Mostly just ended up some paint chips from small rocks and saw some tree limbs broken but other than that there was no damage.

Top Bottom