• ...and so much more!
  • Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    What a beautiful day. :D Boss was gone so I snuck away from work a bit early and hit the range at Marion County Fish and Game for the first time after joining earlier this month. Got there about 3:30. Only one other shooter was there and was leaving as I pulled up. I had the whole range to myself for about 30 minutes. One other guy showed up and took the far end of the range. It was just us two until I left. I got 200 rounds through my fairly new Kahr PM9. Not a single hitch. 50 rounds each of S&B FMJ, Am Eagle FMJ, WWB FMJ, and my carry round - Fed HST 124 +p I've got about 400 rounds through her now and not a single problem yet.

Just wanted to put a plug in for MCFG for those needing a place to shoot in and around Indy. They do have a number of "events" there in the evenings and on weekends which close the range to the public, but if you are like me and can get away once in a while during a weekday, it's perfect.

www.indyrange.com

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What a beautiful day. :D Boss was gone so I snuck away from work a bit early and hit the range at Marion County Fish and Game for the first time after joining earlier this month. Got there about 3:30. Only one other shooter was there and was leaving as I pulled up. I had the whole range to myself for about 30 minutes. One other guy showed up and took the far end of the range. It was just us two until I left. I got 200 rounds through my fairly new Kahr PM9. Not a single hitch. 50 rounds each of S&B FMJ, Am Eagle FMJ, WWB FMJ, and my carry round - Fed HST 124 +p I've got about 400 rounds through her now and not a single problem yet.

Just wanted to put a plug in for MCFG for those needing a place to shoot in and around Indy. They do have a number of "events" there in the evenings and on weekends which close the range to the public, but if you are like me and can get away once in a while during a weekday, it's perfect.

www.indyrange.com

Did I understand you correctly? That the range is open to the public when no club events are in session?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The range is open to members only, or their guests with a minor donation, there is no open times to non-memebers unless you show up to compete in a match. (ie: FNS, trap, bowling pins etc....)

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    MCFG is a great place to shoot, I have been feeling a little lost latley since I can't get in with my old key :(

I will be at the meeting for May for sure to pick up my new key.

ccordray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    For those that are members there, is it pretty common for the place to be empty during the day? Not that I don't mind shooting around others but it's nice to have the place to yourself sometimes!

ccordray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    That's cool especially since it's about 5 minutes from my house. I plan on joining at the next meeting.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    That's cool especially since it's about 5 minutes from my house. I plan on joining at the next meeting.

It is a very cool place. I was a member about 5 years back, before I required a range open to a wider variety of cartridges.

Now I have a membership in Danville :yesway:, even though MCFG is still quite close.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I really need to pay and get a key but I really don't like the idea of spending money for a range I cant shoot a rifle round at........... I don't care why (speedway stray landed in parking lot), I just wish I didn't have to drive an hour to fire my rifle....
    Glad you enjoyed the range time.

Top Bottom