• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hello INGO. I am looking to sell my Beaumont Metal Works grinder with a Grizzly Motor. I purchased this around 5 years ago as I thought I would be getting into making knives but have found myself trying to finish school, limiting my time available for hobbies such as this, and might be moving across the country in the near future. Beaumont Metal Works makes some of the best knife grinders in the industry. They are extremely solid and easy to set up and adjust. I have the base, the flat platten attachment, an 8" contact wheel, and a 4" contact wheel. Beaumont Metal Works : Belt Grinders Without Motors : KMG Belt Grinder Parts Knife Knives Industrial Commercial Metal Belt Grinders Sander USA

I currently have a Grizzly brand motor attached to it. Nothing special about the motor but it runs well on 120V outlet and is single phase so no special equipment is needed.

I built the table that it sits on and would likely send that with the buyer, unless they don't want it. I lined a portion of it with sheet metal since the sparks were burning the wood. I will also throw in a stool with the table as it makes the height almost perfect, at least for me.

I also have a decent supply of trizact belts that will be included. Some of them got wet in my old garage when it flooded a few years ago so they are slightly warped but they all still work as I have used them to sharpen knives and mower blades since the flood. In addition, I have some 1084 and 1095 metal that I will include to help someone get started, or continue, their knife-making journey.

I am asking for $1,200 for the entire set up. I have well over $1,500 invested in this (likely closer to $2K but don't tell my wife), not counting the extra metal and belts.

I will consider trades but am primarily interested in a cash sale. Trade interests would include nice 1911's or possibly Apple products such as an iPad or a Mac.

I am located in Brownsburg, on the west side of Indianapolis. I do not have a truck so I won't be much help with transporting. The main pieces can fit in a car, if taken off the table though. Willing to travel for the right deal.

Thanks for looking!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom