• DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

1663139217249.png

$750

I just don't see it catching on at that price.
    I'd go with a Bul Armory Axe, Polymer80 PFS9 before I went with this.

That said I wish BCA good luck and I hope it's a winner for them, and they prove it's worth every penny.

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Good Lord that is so ugly it's own mother does not even like it , someone call High Point one of their designers must have gotten loose finally. They could have at least made it a once piece aluminum frame. I obviously do not understand the Glock Clone market :abused:

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yep way too hideous and plain jane for the price. Plus the grip looks like the same crappy style and angle of a glock which leaves a lot of room for improvement (IMO of course)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't understand all of these Glock knock-offs. If you want a Glock, get a Glock. If you don't, then don't. Plenty of options out there in the polymer frame handgun world. Glock is not my favorite platform, but having handled and shot a couple of these knock-offs, I'm not seeing any "improvement" over a standard Glock that could not be improved even more by just going to another platform.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    No thanks.

a) I refuse to run an RMR cut that doesn’t have the forward recoil lugs, and I honestly prefer it have the mounting screw bosses as well. No lugs? Not worth it.

2) It’s ugly.

D) For that price, I’ll buy a used Glock and send the slide off to get cut correctly.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I don't understand all of these Glock knock-offs. If you want a Glock, get a Glock. If you don't, then don't. Plenty of options out there in the polymer frame handgun world. Glock is not my favorite platform, but having handled and shot a couple of these knock-offs, I'm not seeing any "improvement" over a standard Glock that could not be improved even more by just going to another platform.
    I was of the same mind until the PSA Dagger was unveiled. It actually points a little more naturally for me and it's less than 2/3 the price of an MOS GLK for an optic ready version. I was VERY skeptical of the Dagger but have to admit I'm impressed with what PSA pulled off.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I was of the same mind until the PSA Dagger was unveiled. It actually points a little more naturally for me and it's less than 2/3 the price of an MOS GLK for an optic ready version. I was VERY skeptical of the Dagger but have to admit I'm impressed with what PSA pulled off.
    I can buy blue label, and don't care about mounting an optic, so the difference between a Dagger and a real Glock is only about $100 for me. And my new Glock 19 comes with 3 Glock mags, not 1 Magpul aftermarket mag. So really much less than $100 difference when mags are figured in. And for a carry piece, real Glock mags are a must. Magpul Glock mags are well known to be hit or miss in terms of reliability.

Another thing about the Dagger is that, for all of the other Glock compatibility that it has, it will not fit in most kydex or injected molded holsters for the G19. Not a lot of options for Dagger holsters out there, compared to Glock. Everyone who makes holsters has one for the G19. A new holster is another expense, if it's going to be a carry piece.

What PSA is doing with the Dagger is pretty cool, but I'd never chose one over an actual Glock for EDC. Might be ok in bone stock $299 form, or maybe in $329 night sight trim, as a truck or tackle box gun. If I already have a bucket of Glock mags, that is. As far as an EDC gun with an optic? No way. If I'm laying out hundreds for an optic, I can go ahead and pony up for the original with the proven decades of reliable service under its belt.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I can buy blue label, and don't care about mounting an optic, so the difference between a Dagger and a real Glock is only about $100 for me. And my new Glock 19 comes with 3 Glock mags, not 1 Magpul aftermarket mag. So really much less than $100 difference when mags are figured in. And for a carry piece, real Glock mags are a must. Magpul Glock mags are well known to be hit or miss in terms of reliability.

Another thing about the Dagger is that, for all of the other Glock compatibility that it has, it will not fit in most kydex or injected molded holsters for the G19. Not a lot of options for Dagger holsters out there, compared to Glock. Everyone who makes holsters has one for the G19. A new holster is another expense, if it's going to be a carry piece.

What PSA is doing with the Dagger is pretty cool, but I'd never chose one over an actual Glock for EDC. Might be ok in bone stock $299 form, or maybe in $329 night sight trim, as a truck or tackle box gun. If I already have a bucket of Glock mags, that is. As far as an EDC gun with an optic? No way. If I'm laying out hundreds for an optic, I can go ahead and pony up for the original with the proven decades of reliable service under its belt.
    I was at a lgs and they had the Gen 5 G17.
    I ask to fondle it. I am amazed at how much difference there is between Gen 5 and Gen 3.
    The finger irratators being removed it felt like a different gun in my hand.
    The lgs has a OD G17 Gen 5 for $525 out the door. I'm tempted to buy it. I've been wanting to put a Glock 17 like gun in my safe, but after feeling the new grip its much more comfortable to me than the Gen 3 was it might get shot a lot.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I was at a lgs and they had the Gen 5 G17.
    I ask to fondle it. I am amazed at how much difference there is between Gen 5 and Gen 3.
    The finger irratators being removed it felt like a different gun in my hand.
    The lgs has a OD G17 Gen 5 for $525 out the door. I'm tempted to buy it. I've been wanting to put a Glock 17 like gun in my safe, but after feeling the new grip its much more comfortable to me than the Gen 3 was it might get shot a lot.
    The Gen 5 models are the only reason I own any Glocks. They should have never put those stupid finger grooves on them. My G19 actually fits and feels pretty good in the hand. The grips on the Gen 5 models are also reduced in the backstrap hump compared to the Gen 3 models. The only Glock I own that is not a Gen 5 is a police trade-in G27 Gen 4 that I bought ridiculously cheap, and I mostly bought it for nostalgia, as I had a G27 for years as my EDC.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The Gen 5 models are the only reason I own any Glocks. They should have never put those stupid finger grooves on them. My G19 actually fits and feels pretty good in the hand. The grips on the Gen 5 models are also reduced in the backstrap hump compared to the Gen 3 models. The only Glock I own that is not a Gen 5 is a police trade-in G27 Gen 4 that I bought ridiculously cheap, and I mostly bought it for nostalgia, as I had a G27 for years as my EDC.
    I was thinking of buying a trade in and sanding down those groves because they end up right in the middle of my fingers and irritated them when shooting. The trade ins I've seen so far G17 are around $450 so might as well buy a new one for that price.
    Glock 22 trade-in I've seen for around $320 on the low side.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Absolutely agree on the mags.. Glock pattern Pmags don't have a good track record and malfunctions in any semi-auto are generally mag or ammo related.
    I also have the option of the occasional Blue label but most don't.. Cheapest Blue label 19 is still north of $400 and an MOS will be over $500. Where holsters are concerned I went through my "stock" and found the the Dagger fit 4 out of 5 different holsters I tried it it. I've put enough rounds downrange through 2 different daggers that I'm comfortable carrying one (I am at the moment). I've been carrying a G45 for the last year unless I want something a little more concealable and then I go to a19 but now the dagger.
    Mechanically the Dagger IS a 19 and IMHO the reliability is there. Some of the internals appear to be more refined (specifically the trigger bar) that their Glock counterparts. I always test anything extensively before carry, even a Glock.
    The dagger points a little more naturally for me so I'm sold.. As always YYMV

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Same, I don't understand the Glock clone market.
    Agreed. Not a Glock guy, but if I was I don't see why I'd want an uglier, more expensive, and very potentially less reliable (guess I can't say I've shot one of these, but it's hard to be more reliable than a factory Glock) knock off of the real thing. Just doesn't make any sense. That PSA model for ~$300 I kinda get some people buying because it's cheaper, but what does this thing do that makes it worth $200 more than an actual Glock?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The only thing interesting is the aluminum frame. That is probably what is driving the price up. But, an aluminum frame without G10 grip panels is not interesting enough to buy one.

Top Bottom