• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selynn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I was looking for a shooting range to do some long range stuff and sight in a couple of rifles and found this placed listed in Wabash. According to thier website they have 750 yds availible. I am just looking for comments from people who have been there. It's about a 3 hour trip for me and I wanted to make sure it was worth the drive time before I commited a day and a 6 hour round trip drive. All input would be appreciated.
    Thanks

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Been there a few times...so far I really like it...they have 25, 50,110,240,340
    540 an 740 yds. Bench's an stools to shoot from as well...cost is 15.00 for the
    day. When you go down range you put up a flag, no range marshall....Never been crowded an sometimes I'm the only one there. They also have some steel gongs
    to shoot at...strong east or west winds can be a problem. If you want some company
    let me know when you will be there, or any other questions.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Been there several times. Very good folks and good range. If you are an archer, they have one of the nicest pro shops I've seen. I can't say whether or not it would be worth a 3 hour drive, but it is a nice place to go.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I live in Wabash and deal with these folks regularly.

They are good people and though I shoot at my own range mostly, I will go out back there from time to time if there's someone to shoot with, or to try a new gun.

Make sure you say "hi" to Bear the Coydog. Very friendly but somewhat skittish. One of my favorite animals. They tried to give him to me and I would have taken him in a heartbeat if I thought my dog would get along with him.

Josh

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    I've been there once with my uncle, but didn't shoot. Range looked good and the price is right. Everyone I spoke to was friendly. I believe that they have an ATV they will rent as well which may be a bonus hitting those long ranges.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    They will let you drive back to the far ranges, I was told I could bring
    my atv anytime, a plus if its too muddy. Also a plus is a good high power
    spotting scope for those ranges...I've been there when it took some guys
    a half hour just to walk all the way down an back to put up targets.

prtrrssll

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Made a trip a few weeks ago i was there right when it opened nobody there light rain soon as i walked in i was greeted by a lady i was looking at the range and for some ammo next thing i knew i had a brand new matthews bow in my hand i told her sorry but i am left handed she said 1 min she open another new matthews which was left handed its only 1 hr for me i will be going back

selynn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Thanks everyone for the input. Looks like I am going to give it a try. I am going to try and wait for a calm day {thanks for the warnign - I have enough to think about without all the wind calculations}. Much appreciated.
    DragonGunner - May give you a call when I head that way. THANKS

Top Bottom