• techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Newspapers are not even trying to edit for grammer any more:

The increase correlated with the popularity of ever-bigger flat-panel televisions that Americans have brought into their homes in that time, along with the entertainment centers and narrow, less-stable stands to hold them. Injuries from televisions alone accounted for nearly half of all injuries related to falling furniture during the study period — 47 percent.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't worry... Big brother will get around to regulating what type of furniture we are allowed to legally have in our homes...

They already do, anyone else remember the U.S. Energy Policy Act of 1992? (AKA: low-flow toliet legislation?).

I really wish I had my old 5 gallon flush American Standard back, that thing would flush a litter of puppies with a single push on the handle!

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I still have a 8 year old Sylvania 27" box TV. When it dies I probably won't be getting a new TV at all. We don't have cable, satellite, direct TV, nothing. We rent movies occasionally and live life with/out the bombardment of stupidity.

I don't see a cartoon nowadays that I want my kids to watch anyways. Everything is SO anti-normal, bizarre. I buy Looney toons still....

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    :rockwoot:LOONEY TUNES!!!

My kids actually laugh when they watch it, as opposed to drooling at all the other "cartoons" on nowadays.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Looney Tunes, Bugs Bunny/Warner Brothers, Tom and Jerry (that actually has viewer discretion warnings of "possibly offensive racial language, pictures, and situations) DVD's are the best.

What has happened to Saturday morning cartoons?

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Looney Tunes, Bugs Bunny/Warner Brothers, Tom and Jerry (that actually has viewer discretion warnings of "possibly offensive racial language, pictures, and situations) DVD's are the best.

What has happened to Saturday morning cartoons?
    I miss those days...

I'll just get a tv tuner that sticks in a usb slot and watch tv on the computer.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    NSFW

Everything is SO anti-normal, bizarre. I buy Looney toons still....
    LOONEY TUNES!!!

Kinda had a "who cares attitude"

bugsho.jpg

PDVD_008.JPG

looney_tunes.png

Banned 1943 Cartoon: Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarfs

Wait til you see the Murder Inc. Van
    OMG..........no wonder it got banned!!!!!!!!!​

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUpJ5a968u0"]YouTube - Banned 1943 Cartoon: Coal Black and De Sebben Dwarfs[/ame]

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    heh, midgets...

Anyway, I have a solution to keep our country's precious little snowflakes from being smashed by evil flat panel TVs.

Make them play the f*ck outside.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    heh, midgets...

Anyway, I have a solution to keep our country's precious little snowflakes from being smashed by evil flat panel TVs.

Make them play the f*ck outside.

I've re-mounted a couple of those wall mounts for the larger flat screens. I guess even those "high dollar" installers figure those screw in drywall anchors into 1/2" drywall is the same as anchoring to a stud. :rolleyes:

But I agree, turn it off, send them outside.

Top Bottom