• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I was looking on line to get a couple of stripped lowers from Spikes Tactical and the website says there is an 8 to 12 month wait for them. Is this normal or relatively new?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I ordered an upper and enhanced Spider lower from them on April 3rd, 29 weeks later they still weren't done.

I cut their stripped lower out of the order, had my stuff 2 weeks later and if I would have kept their lower as part of my order it would have been at least another month.

So yeah, it's a bad backorder with Spikes

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Spikes is in high demand hence the long wait period. JoeBob's had some stripped ones come in and sold them out in 15min. Profire had some for sale on here about a week ago along with stripped Noveske Chainsaws. You should have jumped on one of those.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

To be clear I wasn't saying you should look for something other than Spikes just that there are other places to buy Spikes that will have them in stock before Spikes will:)

The polymer lowers are cheap but it's up to you and what you want to do with the rifle. You really don't save much weight either.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    R-guns has Delaware Machinery lowers For like $69. I've put about 6 of them together and all have been great.
    When DM went out R-guns bought all their stock (supposedly). they must have bought everything even unanodized lowers because they wont be shipped for 2 weeks because they are getting anodized.
    The dealer I work with just ordered 12 more. so I gotta wait a week before I can do my next build.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I'd say (unless you're patient) either find a Spikes locally, or just go for one thing else. A Spikes lower isn't any better then 20 other lowers out there you can get MUCH faster, unless you just love the spider logo!

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Usually Spikes Stripped lowers all over GunBroker, Spider, Calico Jack, Punisher logo in the $125.00 range + shipping. That's where I got my color filled Calico Jack lower.(none of the Ingo or LGS dealers had them) I think the dealer was STG Firearms in Arizona. They have excellent service. From order to my FFL was 1-week.
    pix956092198.jpg

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    What I have done in the past is go to joeboboutfitters.com or aimsurplus.com and signed up to be notified by email when they get them in stock. You have to be fast though. They all sell out within the hour normally except for the zombie one. It usually lasts closer to a day. I have a spider build I did and I have one each of the zombie, punisher, and calico jack en route.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Usually Spikes Stripped lowers all over GunBroker, Spider, Calico Jack, Punisher logo in the $125.00 range + shipping. That's where I got my color filled Calico Jack lower.(none of the Ingo or LGS dealers had them) I think the dealer was STG Firearms in Arizona. They have excellent service. From order to my FFL was 1-week.
    pix956092198.jpg

Thanks!

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    spikes is perpetually backordered for months and months and months, even for FFLs, and when they're in stock they go FAST.

myself i don't see the hubbub bub. they dont seem to be better than any other 'quality' lowers.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    PSA has lowers in stock, I've got 2 of them and they are top quality. They also have plastic lowers for $39.

Top Bottom