• ...and so much more!
  • mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    and boy does it feel good.

I sold my old XD a couple years back and I've missed it ever since. Found this little guy at the local gun show for $529 + taxes and couldn't pass it up. It's the XD-.45 Compact Bi-Tone so it's got the full 4" service barrel with the shortened sub-compact grip. Still holds 10+1 and with the included mag extension it will go up to 13+1 and then it has the full size service model grip. After some trimming I added on the Hogue Handall to give me a better grip on this thing as it should have some kick to it.

I'd been in talks with a guy from Arkansas to have my next one cera-koted but that was before I found the Bi-Tone. I wasn't a big fan of my previous black XD, but this Bi-tone is growing on me. I may still have this done, but if so it won't be for awhile.

Excuse the third photo's graininess. Friggin photobucket did a crap job converting it down from 10.1MP, and the "future look" was done in ms paint.

Current pics:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/mavisky/DSC00142.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/mavisky/DSC00141.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/mavisky/DSC00148.jpg

Possible future look
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/mavisky/brownxd.jpg

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    Well I liked the look of the crayon but it just wasn't up to the heat of the range. Redid everything with some enamel paint for now. Up next is my lifetime permit, then a nice IWB holster, and then I'll be picking up the Springer Precision trigger kit and their trigger reset bar.

First trip to the range was interesting since it's a shorter barrel than my old XD and it'd been 3 years since I'd shot a handgun. About 5 magazines in I got some of my accuracy back, but I've still got some work to do to get back to where I was before. Shooting low and left, but I know that just means I need to work on not anticipating the recoil so much. Hoping that with some more rounds and the trigger kit the pull will clean up as well. Not expecting it to be 1911 smooth, but I know that I can make some big changes to the current setup.

Oh and please don't even begin to go into the whole "trigger kit on a carry gun" rant. I've heard it, don't buy it, and don't want it clogging this thread.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Oh and please don't even begin to go into the whole "trigger kit on a carry gun" rant. I've heard it, don't buy it, and don't want it clogging this thread.

:D

HEy, I heard that if you have ammunition in your carry gun, the lawyers will string you up because you wanted to KILL someone.

Glad you got another XD!!

:draw:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Congratulations on a great gun. I own and carry a XD45C and I love the gun. I do trade off with my Defender now but when I go to the range I shoot them both.

Glad you picked the XD45C, I think you will really like it.

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    So far the only complaint I have is that unlike my Tactical .40 I'm noticing that the placement of my support hand leaves my thumb resting on the take down lever. On the gun's recoil it will rub my thumb causing it to get a little tender after a hundred and fifty rounds or so. Perhaps my grip is wrong, but that's just what I'm seeing.

Top Bottom