• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Wow, thanx for sharing!!

Have book about BB amazing life and musician. That song just gets better with time.

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    thrill is gone

outstanding! I have listened to this song about a million times ,maybe more,never get tired of it.Saw BB at the Embassy in Ft.Wayne about 10 years ago,what a show!:)

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Always loved B.B. King, lived in memphis for years and caught his act at his club one night, when he just walked in and played for 45 minutes, he's still the blue's king

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    If this was just audio, I could pick out B.B., Clapton and Cray by tone and style.

Its funny you say that, I was away from the computer just listening and I was suprised by how unique each was. I could tell which was Eric and BB but I could not tell apart Cray and Vaughn.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Robert Cray has a tone that whenever I hear it in the blues, it's always been him. Jerry Garcia had a tone and style that I could usually identify.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Seen another one where BB king played with Kenny Wayne Shepard. So very cool. Vid is bad but audio is well...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWr5nOQV1UA&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Check you tube for some more Kenny and BB king. Man, I'm jammin here now. Could post so many more but...pause for music...these guys are incredible.

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    I miss playing in my blues band I was in up by Kokomo. Now that I live near Greenwood and Franklin, I don't know anyone into blues.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I miss playing in my blues band I was in up by Kokomo. Now that I live near Greenwood and Franklin, I don't know anyone into blues.

What was the name of your band? I saw a Kokomo band in Indy open for Joe Bonamassa. Iirc, it was called Steam Shovel?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    BB has done a lot for the careers of multiple musicians. I'd have never heard of Bonamassa if it weren't for going to a BB King concert. I've now seen Joe play several times.

BB isn't necessarily my favorite style of the blues but he's a master at it. Many think you need to make the guitar move at the speed of a machine gun but many times, simpler is better. BB gets better with age and the way his voice sounds now is almost bone chilling. I like his voice much better now than his recordings from many years ago.

If you like BB's collaborations, you really need to get his "80" cd as every song on it's a collaboration. Also, this song is amazing as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfuQ4ZF0nF4

I'd never heard this song until I went and saw him but it's one of my favorites from him for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RjG2_MdSt4

Top Bottom