• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    I was on the way to meet my wife tonight after work for dinner. She was coming from Danville and I was coming from Plainfield. On her way to the restaurant she was rear ended at a stoplight. it was a 10 minute drive. After she called me, I made it in seven.

I saw the accident moving west on Rockville Rd. I pulled up in the westbound lane and saw an officer and my wife's mangled car. I stopped and said, "Sir, that's my wife. (pointing to the car) where should I park"?

Without missing a beat he tells me she's ok, and where to go.

Later during the investigation my wife, for reasons I can't explain, decides to inform the officer that she has a pistol in her purse. He just said "well, you keep it in your purse and I'll keep mine holstered and we'll all be fine."

I was standing there and felt that's the way it should be. Everything else went as it should.

They were all very professional and the Fire Department and EMS that responded were also fantastic.

Good Job, Avon.

Last edited:

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Hopefully she’s okay!
    She is. We went straight to dinner after leaving the scene and then came home for... other activities. I also have to give a thumbs up to how tough a Hyundai Elantra is. After everything that happened to it, it still managed to get to the side of the road under it's own power.

Attachments

• IMG_20230426_180538469_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20230426_180538469_HDR.jpg
      406.3 KB · Views: 37
    • IMG_20230426_180527152_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20230426_180527152_HDR.jpg
      593.5 KB · Views: 37

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    She is. We went straight to dinner after leaving the scene and then came home for... other activities. I also have to give a thumbs up to how tough a Hyundai Elantra is. After everything that happened to it, it still managed to get to the side of the road under it's own power.
    Our last car was a 2020 elantra value edition. A young girl decided to pull out in front of the gf clipping the front bumper to passenger door. Totaled car for the damaged done in front. The BAD part was there happened to be a knee airbag under driver side dash. No clue it was there! It did some bad bruises to gf legs. Hyundai originally said that air bag should only go off during a driver side front impact. They downloaded the car data and swid the system was working properly. I talked to a high dollar lawyer outa indy and they wouldn't take the case to sue hyundai. Never was told why not. This happened in july of 2021

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    What the Avon PD officer said was the right answer: don’t show me yours and I won’t show you mine. I’ve been involved in one minor fender-bender and a bigger accident in northern Indiana and central Kentucky respectively and both times that’s exactly how the local PD responding handled it. Despite what some people think about cops the vast majority of them are pretty cool cats. You reap what you sow. Don’t be an ass.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I was witness to a pretty bad accident in the construction zone on US-31 near Tipton last October. 5 cars in front of me all had a chain reaction pile up. I had been leaving enough distance so that I was able to stop in time. Group of a dozen bikers behind me were able to stop too. The whole North bound highway was at a stand still for an hour.

About 6 or 7 county deputies showed up and did all their interviews. I was open carrying my S&W M&P. At least one biker was carrying IWB with the grip sticking out. Tow truck driver was carrying IWB with the grip sticking out. Not a single deputy even batted an eye. That would have never happened where I live in Michigan.

Top Bottom