• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    He notified the sheriff who is a county official. Perhaps he should have notified the city's public safety commissioner. I am only guessing.

Minneapolis' City Hall is a city building, separate from Hennepin County. I didn't see this in the article, but they may have arrested Rosenburg on a technicality. "persons who carry pistols according to the terms of a [carry] permit issued under section 624.714 and who so notify the sheriff or the commissioner of public safety, as appropriate…"

Since the Minneapolis City Hall is not a county facility, it may have been "appropriate" for Rosenberg to notify the commissioner of public safety."

Regardless, it's a cheap arrest.

Not knowing Minneapolis, this is just a WAG, but perhaps with the size of the city, it is like Indianapolis where the County is encompassed by the city and it is a City/County building with the Sheriff being the lead LEO with overall responsibility. Again,,,just a WAG

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    "When you stupidly lunged at me to grab my knife and gun, you didn't watch my hands. One of them was on my back-up gun." Shouldn't have posted stupid stuff on his blog.

Last edited:

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Not knowing Minneapolis, this is just a WAG, but perhaps with the size of the city, it is like Indianapolis where the County is encompassed by the city and it is a City/County building with the Sheriff being the lead LEO with overall responsibility. Again,,,just a WAG
    Nope! Minneapolis City Hall is just that, City Hall.

Top Bottom