• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    I have a bunch of Orange hats ready to teach and only 4 shooters signed up for this shoot!

More shooters needed to give the Orange Hats some work.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    I just dropped off literature with my Brother In law. He works a Sat-Sun flex schedule but I think I can get him to a mini. Working on another as well and offering my rifle and ammo if they come. Daniel's girlfriend shot for the first time a few weeks ago and loved it, she is interested as well.

I know too many people who work weekends 8^(

DAve

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Cloverdale Conservation Club. Check on the Mini Appleseed Schedule thread for schedule and equipment needed.

Any other questions, have at it and we will get them answered for you.

{quote=clt46910;509073]Where is it being held? I did not see it on the schedule.[/quote]

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    7 Shooters signed up. Weather looks like it will be clear and HOT. A great day for History and shooting!

Shooters make sure you have plenty of water, sun screen, snacks/lunch etc.
    Reminder: show time is 0915, will go until 1600 ish. Might throw in a surprise challenge for you to shoot. After all, you are all experienced Appleseeders, right :D

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    7 shooters, 2 instructors, a beautiful day (did get hot in the afternoon though), and 1 new rifleman.

What better way to spend the day than among friends, fellow shooters. My thanks to everyone that came out. Several of you are on the edge of rifleman . Practice the 6 steps, NPOA and dry fire, dry fire, dry fire!

Those who can ......be back at Cloverdale next month for the mini on the 12th. A full Appleseed comes two weeks later on 26th/27th.

Dave

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Jimi Canellas, a Cloverdale club member with a 221 and a 220.
    Not a member here ....yet :D

Unforgiven1203 keeps plugging away to better his rifleman score, DAve called the line today and everyone got to shoot at 100yds Had several knocking on the door to rifleman with 180's and a 20? (can't remember, didn't write it down!)
    As an aside: with a 22LR at 100yds (depending on ammo used) you will have a 5 to 10 MOA drop .... IMC time!

Last edited:

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Jim Canellas, a Cloverdale club member with a 221 and a 220.
    Not a member here ....yet :D

Unforgiven1203 keeps plugging away to better his rifleman score, DAve called the line today and everyone got to shoot at 100yds Had several knocking on the door to rifleman with 180's and a 20? (can't remember, didn't write it down!)
    As an aside: with a 22LR at 100yds (depending on ammo used) you will have a 5 to 10 MOA drop .... IMC time!

Chris had a 206, and Don (Unforgiven1203's father) had a 201(?). Don also had several targets which combined would make Rifleman easily. He just needs to get his steady hold factors down for each position, in the same AQT, and he will make it.

We also did a Parker's revenge with two teams of three shooting 10 rounds each at a star target. Both targets had 30 rounds inside 3 MOA. Outstanding!

I want to thank everyone for tolerating my first day calling the line, and politely correcting me (by just giving me a Chesire grin and not moving off the equipment line) when I called prep period was over, and I never called it begun ;^)

DAve

unforgiven1203

Marksman
    Jun 8, 2008
    Dayton OH
    it was a good "mini",but it sure was hot. hopefully sept will be somewhat cooler. I think I'm gonna try a scope on my next aqt. I'm tired of being stuck in the "teens"! And I believe I'll bring the garand next time as well, since that is allowed now! thanks again to the "Daves" for hosting this training.

DHolder

Expert
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I'm sorry I missed this one, I was loking forward to working the line. We had a very busy weekend with kid stuff. I will be there at the full Appleseed next month. Congratulations to our new Rifleman, hope to meet him in person next month! Untill then........ keep your powder dry:patriot: Don

Top Bottom