• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Just a heads up. I gave a debit card for my transfer fee with a recent form 4. It got bounced back because ATF said that the card didn't go through. There is plenty of money in that account, so the only thing I can think of is that when ATF says "credit card" that's what they mean and not or "debit card". I resubmitted with a cashier's check.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Just a heads up. I gave a debit card for my transfer fee with a recent form 4. It got bounced back because ATF said that the card didn't go through. There is plenty of money in that account, so the only thing I can think of is that when ATF says "credit card" that's what they mean and not or "debit card". I resubmitted with a cashier's check.

Possibly left out expiration date ? If ANYTHING is left out on the payment sheet they'll kick it back

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

I am not the ATF but I occasionally run into a problem with my customers where they say there's plenty of $$ in the account but the card won't go through. It has turned out they were bumping up against the daily limit on the card. For example, they $600 in the account with a $300 daily limit. They pay the electric bill for $80, they buy some groceries for $50, so still $470 in their account. Then they come to me to rent a truck for $200 and the card won't go through because there's only $170 left before they hit the daily limit.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I pretty much spent the day working for ATF. First, I had the paperwork on my original form 4 that I filed a year ago come back. I had to fill out new paperwork, get two more fingerprint cards done and get 4 passport photos. I then mailed it off. As I was eating lunch, my FFL called on the most recent form 4 that was kicked back because of the debit card deal. I had to go to the bank and get a cashier's check and take it to the gun shop. I was pretty much the puppet today and ATF was the puppet master.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Possibly left out expiration date ? If ANYTHING is left out on the payment sheet they'll kick it back
    Nope that wasn't the problem. I saw the paperwork today and there was the expiration date all filled in on the proper line.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I am not the ATF but I occasionally run into a problem with my customers where they say there's plenty of $$ in the account but the card won't go through. It has turned out they were bumping up against the daily limit on the card. For example, they $600 in the account with a $300 daily limit. They pay the electric bill for $80, they buy some groceries for $50, so still $470 in their account. Then they come to me to rent a truck for $200 and the card won't go through because there's only $170 left before they hit the daily limit.
    That is a possibility. I saw where I bought a threaded barrel the same day and a couple of smaller purchases a couple of days later. And why would ATF try to run it through again?! Oh, well. Maybe I'll get the second stamp in a year or so now that ATF has my cashier's check.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The ATF is a very fickle woman. You never know what she wants, and there is no making her happy.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom