• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    This article on CNN has an interesting couple of paragraphs at the end, I'll paste them here and the original link below:

Cardin asked her about gun rights, and remarked she may not realize how important the issue is to some Americans.
    She admitted never having owned or fired a gun before. "But I told Sen. Cardin if I was fortunate enough to be confirmed, I would go hunting with Justice Scalia."
    And she has, joining her conservative colleague on an excursion to a Washington-area shooting range and on several hunting trips, until now never reported. Her host at the synagogue event was surprised.
    "You're Jewish," deadpanned Rabbi Mitchell Wohlberg.
    "Yeah, but it turns out, it's kind of fun," said Kagan, laughing.

Kagan talks about her faith, the court, and her hunting trips - CNN.com

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Maybe there is hope yet!

No...there is no hope for Kagan. I highly QUESTION the content of the article....most likely it was done to make her seem more "reasonable" to many of us on the right. Remember, she was instrumental in working on Obamacare. She is Obama's tool. Nothing more.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    The left has historically been better at appointing reliable votes to SCOTUS than the right has.

It makes it easier when you don't have to worry about constitutional or personal integrity. Demonize the opposition and then minimize the faults of your own candidate. When it's their turn: "He/she is truly moderate, why don't you work with us on this. We'll be reasonable if you are" When its the other guy's turn: "THE RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC, LYING SACK OF CRAP IS AN EXTREMIST LUNATIC WHO WANTS TO TEAR YOUR BODY TO PIECES AND FEED IT TO CORPORATIONS!!!"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    It makes it easier when you don't have to worry about constitutional or personal integrity. Demonize the opposition and then minimize the faults of your own candidate. When it's their turn: "He/she is truly moderate, why don't you work with us on this. We'll be reasonable if you are" When its the other guy's turn: "THE RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC, LYING SACK OF CRAP IS AN EXTREMIST LUNATIC WHO WANTS TO TEAR YOUR BODY TO PIECES AND FEED IT TO CORPORATIONS!!!"

I vote for the person that doesnt kick puppies

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Her votes will tell if there's hope for her.

Many of us have taken gun-ignorant or even anti-gun people to the range and "converted" them...that is, opened their eyes to the fact that it's just a mechanical device that will do nothing without a human initiating the action. It's not beyond comprehension that her eyes could be similarly opened.

It would be poetic justice if she turned out to be one of the more pro-gun votes on the Court, and I would very happily admit that I was wrong to oppose her nomination. I hope that she gives me the chance to do so.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom