• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Thought this was a pretty good read: The American Spectator : Mitch the Knife

Governor Daniels is not perfect, but I'd love to see a 2012 ticket with NJ Gov Chris Christie and IN Gov Mitch Daniels as the President & Vice-Presidential candidates. Take your pick for who is the top of the ticket, I don't really care. I think Daniels might be the better choice for President but I honestly believe that he lacks charisma, something that Chris Christie has plenty of, so Christie would probably be the better person on the campaign trail, and consequently would be the logical one to be the head of the ticket.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    I really like Mitch Daniels. Especially concerning him never speaking much about divisive social issues, and keeping the focus on the betterment of the state in terms of jobs, economy, and fiscal responsibility.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Saw a special report on WGN (Chicago) about him the other day. The most ringing endorsement is that the unions hate him! That's a huge plus in my book. They also commented on how he doesn't work too well with NWI because they do things the Chicago Way and it's not his way.

BTW ... I think it's The Blade ... on the report he showed a cardboard cut out of a sword with aluminum foil wrapped around it and the words "The Blade" on it. It was a gift from the president.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    When Mitch was running for governor, I had an opportunity to visit with him one on one for about 10 minutes. During the conversation he told me about finding "a whole other Indiana" outside of Indianapolis. He said they'd pull the Mitch Mobile into small towns on a campaign stop and the first thing people would ask is if they needed directions back to the highway. Then just out of the blue, Mitch said "and they all carry guns." Wasn't judgmental either way about it. In fact he sort of laughed when he made the comment.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Governor Daniels is keeping our State's head above the water. He has had to make some tough choices to do so. I have been a State employee for nearly 37 years. I have not had a raise in 3 years and my health insurance rates have gone up a bunch in the last few years, but I still have a job and I am very thankful for that. It seems that my position is one that is considered as essential to the functioning of the agency, at least for now. I think that Governor Daniels would make a very good president, but I have to agree with many of the rest of you that he does not have a the silver tongue or charisma to get elected. What a shame.

Top Bottom