• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Why is we feel the need to create posts about celebrities that die but we ignore the 146,357 other people that die daily. Were their lives worth less because they were not famous? I grew up watching Art Linkletter but I have more sorrow for the little 2 year old girl I don't know that died yesterday who never got to live life.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I thought he died years ago. I remember we were forced by my dad to sit and watch his variety show, Perry Mason and Gunsmoke!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Why is we feel the need to create posts about celebrities that die but we ignore the 146,357 other people that die daily. Were their lives worth less because they were not famous? I grew up watching Art Linkletter but I have more sorrow for the little 2 year old girl I don't know that died yesterday who never got to live life.

I don't think many people would think his life was worth more than the other folks except in the abstract. Public acknowledgement depends on how many lives a person has touched (good or bad). Celebrities get more exposure in death as they did in life, it's the nature of the thing.

I was vaguely amused by the news story which said the family refused to say the cause of death. The man was 97 years old, he can die of anything he wants!

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus

I can really only speak for myself, but the death of someone I don't know may be sad, it does not personally affect me other than in an abstract way. When it is a celebrity, while I may not actually know them in a real sense, they may have touched my life in a positive way and it is sad to see them go because there is some actual connection, if only one way.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    If you'd like to make posts about the other 146,356 people that died yesterday...I'll gladly attempt to post in all of them as well. Of course, not counting the 49,287 (and that number is probably low) that were scumbags and got what they deserved.

Top Bottom