• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stormryder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Batesville IN
    Only thing I broke on an AR, was the extractor pin on an Olympic Arms I got used.
    Been thru at least 5 ARs over the years(Colt,and home built), that has been the only problem I have ever had outside of some mags not fitting in the well.

As far as mags, I just examine and buy whats cheap and fits.
    Couldn't care less about brand.
    I have had cheap used $5 mags outlast top of the line ones that cost $20+

Just PMCS your rifle and stuff and you will not have a failure.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I carried a DPMS break down spare parts kit (plastic vacuum wrapped on a white cardboard backer) with me all over the midwest and midsouth shooting matches. It seemed like a good idea when I bought it in 1996. I had a COLT HBar when I started and followed it with a couple bushmasters, one service configuration, one match. I shot enough to wear out at least 6 premium grade barrels. I replace gas tubes, firing pins and gas rings when I replace a barrel, mostly as prevention. When I sold my rifles in 2006, I had not used any parts out of that breakdown kit. Keep it clean, and use a light coating of CLP oil on the wear points, shoot quality ammo/reloads. The guys that I see breaking stuff are the ones that think they can get 30 call ballistics out of the 5.56 cartridge. I think the engineers pretty much got the bugs out of them by the time they started issuing the A2 configuration.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    the way these new ARs are made, nothing really goes wrong. I had an m16 from the vietnam days and it still worked like a charm...occasional double feed but thats easy to fix. Just keep them clean and you'll be fine. DPMS are good, don't know who told you otherwise.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Thank you Lord for those that actually like their DPMS products!!! Bless them and keep them well. If not for these guys, I was going to toss my two into the pond behind my apartment since I was becoming so ashamed of having admitted that I actually owned a couple along with a few Cold Steel knives and Mossbery 500 shotguns and couple of Taurus pistols.

mutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    for god's sake man

DPMS, Taurus and a mossberg

it is a wonder you have not blown your house up with those paper mache deathtraps

I will gladly give you a five guys double cheeseburger for the whole lot to save you from harm

I have never understood the DPMS/Taurus/Mossberg disdain

I have two DPMS AR's and the only jams I have ever had were because I was using a bone dry gun in below freezing weather

little shot of CLP and I was good to go

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I am curious as to how you have concluded that a DPMS is not a top of the line AR?

I will bet that you will shoot thousands and thousands of rounds through your rifle before you have a failure of any kind.
    ---- Ditto ! After I broke my dpms in it was 6000 + rounds before it stopped chambering every time ,it was just the gas tube wear. Another thing to clean every few thousand is the ejector, underneath it will build up crud and wont grab the case. DPMS is great for tight specs,you'll see if you build one

Top Bottom