• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bending over and taking it is showing up at the airport and letting them put hteir hands on you. Refuse to submit to the authority by rejecting the airport as an option.
    In which case they are dictating HOW you are going to travel. When they start stopping cars at checkpoints on a regular basis what are you going to do then? Walk?

"Hey kids! Guess what? We're going to Florida for spring break! Leaving bright and early tomorrow morning so be ready!"

"But, dad, it's not even Christmas vacation, yet!"

"I know, but you don't have the right to fly or drive to your destination so you have to walk."

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    In which case they are dictating HOW you are going to travel. When they start stopping cars at checkpoints on a regular basis what are you going to do then? Walk?

"Hey kids! Guess what? We're going to Florida for spring break! Leaving bright and early tomorrow morning so be ready!"

"I know, but you don't have the right to fly or drive to your destination so you have to walk."

Read about the Montgomery bus boycotts. Civil Rights were achieved in the South not because of some law but because blacks nearly bankrupted the municipal bus system.

Freedom isn't free. You have to give up something in order to get something. Complaining isn't giving up anything. It's just finding something to do with your time.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Agree Totally :yesway: Why should WE suffer for the Illegal Acts, Incompetence & Arrogance of the TSA and their Masters. Are WE Not the TaxPayer, the End Consumer, the shareholders who dictate to Our Elected representatives Our wishes & desires for America. The TSA has already expanded to the Interstate Highway System, Buses, Trains and it is reported that they (TSA) consider all of the airport property (hotels, parking garages etc) to be under their authority and control. Walking everywhere I go is Not an Option for me. Ordinarily, Voting with your wallet would work but they will bankrupt the airlines (like GM) with regulation and TSA Oversight then Reorganize the Airlines Under Total Government Control. No, WE Must End this Madness Now thru Every Available Legal Option at Our Disposal :twocents:

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    If you guys pay close attention they tell you she was given the option to be patted down again or leave the airport. She refused both. So? she was arrested. Could not find any information on the charges but I would assume trespass?

I don't like strangers rubbin up on me so....I DONT DO COMMERCIAL PLANES. Ive been getting AV gas for my yamaha banshee at the local airport for about three years. I ran into this guy who owned a single engine 4 seater. He flys everywhere just because he loves to fly. He loves it when someone comes along just to split fuel. Me and my wife have been to key west, NYC, Windsor Canada. Key west was the most expensive and still just $400 round trip.

What I am getting at...want to make a difference do not fly commercial!!!! Alternative means are there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
    the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
    while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
    of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
    - Ayn Rand

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Agree Totally :yesway: Why should WE suffer for the Illegal Acts, Incompetence & Arrogance of the TSA and their Masters. Are WE Not the TaxPayer, the End Consumer, the shareholders who dictate to Our Elected representatives Our wishes & desires for America. The TSA has already expanded to the Interstate Highway System, Buses, Trains and it is reported that they (TSA) consider all of the airport property (hotels, parking garages etc) to be under their authority and control. Walking everywhere I go is Not an Option for me. Ordinarily, Voting with your wallet would work but they will bankrupt the airlines (like GM) with regulation and TSA Oversight then Reorganize the Airlines Under Total Government Control. No, WE Must End this Madness Now thru Every Available Legal Option at Our Disposal :twocents:

OK fine. You don't like the boycott idea. What's yours? Saying we must do everything at our disposal means absolutely nothing. Specifically, what do we do?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
    the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
    while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
    of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
    - Ayn Rand

:yesway:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    OK fine. You don't like the boycott idea. What's yours? Saying we must do everything at our disposal means absolutely nothing. Specifically, what do we do?

Believe me, I'm Not against the Boycott Idea, I'm just afraid that under Obama (Progressives) it might be counter productive and lead to more Government Control of the Airlines themselves. I'm flying as little as possible and our legal recourse is to pressure Our elected reps to right this wrong. We do have the power of the Vote, Political Donations and continued pressure from other constituent's. Be Vocal, I did hear today that at least 16 airports were considering removing the TSA as their Primary Gate Security and another 200 in line if that were to happen. The TSA would still be in charge but the airports would control who is doing the inspection. It's a small step but in the right direction. I'm Not sure that the TSA has many friends

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

EVERYBODY refuse the pat down and full-body scanner. Walk through the metal detector like you did before, grab your carry-on and continue on your way. What are they going to do? Arrest everybody?

Are TSA workers sworn law enforcement? If not they really have no legal authority to stop anyone. Clearly they don't even know their own rules and regulations regarding anything. They make it up as they go. They're just glorified rent-a-cops. Mall security on the federal payroll.

For all your tough talk, for your service in the Marine Corps are you really going to let some high school dropout keep you from making your flight on time? Are you going to let someone with slightly more than medulla activity tell you how you are going to travel? You're going to let some punk with a chemical overload sloshing above his eyebrows detain you because he suddenly has a job that pays more than minimum wage?

Weren't you trained to stand up for yourself? Your family? But when some cheesy pleaser who hasn't showered in the past week tells you he's going to feel you and your family up you're just going to take it?

If you won't do it for your rights at least do it for your dignity.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    EVERYBODY refuse the pat down and full-body scanner. Walk through the metal detector like you did before, grab your carry-on and continue on your way. What are they going to do? Arrest everybody?

Are TSA workers sworn law enforcement? If not they really have no legal authority to stop anyone. Clearly they don't even know their own rules and regulations regarding anything. They make it up as they go. They're just glorified rent-a-cops. Mall security on the federal payroll.

For all your tough talk, for your service in the Marine Corps are you really going to let some high school dropout keep you from making your flight on time? Are you going to let someone with slightly more than medulla activity tell you how you are going to travel? You're going to let some punk with a chemical overload sloshing above his eyebrows detain you because he suddenly has a job that pays more than minimum wage?

Weren't you trained to stand up for yourself? Your family? But when some cheesy pleaser who hasn't showered in the past week tells you he's going to feel you and your family up you're just going to take it?

DONT LIKE IT DONT FLY. Hit them where it hurt$. TSA has never came into my home and demanded a pat down or I would be arrested.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

Not everyone's going to do what you suggest. Fail.

I learned to pick and choose my fights and fight them on my time, my terrain. A frontal assault fails. The sheeple believe that what is happening, while intrusive, is necessary.

Nobody is going to feel me or my family up. We don't / won't fly. Or I'll pay for a charter. Or I'll buy my own plane. I have many options. The last is getting groped.

You didn't answer the question. How specifically do you propose to change the policy without boycotts?

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Not everyone's going to do what you suggest. Fail.

I learned to pick and choose my fights and fight them on my time, my terrain. A frontal assault fails. The sheeple belive that what is happening, while intrusive, is necessary.

Nobody is going to feel me or my family up. We don't / won't fly. Or I'll pay for a charter. Or I'll buy my own plane. I have many options. The last is getting gropped.

You didn't answer the question. How specifically do you propose to change the policy without boycotts?
    We'll use your favorite: Vote out the politicians that won't change it until we get ones that will

But in the land of reality it will only take a small number of people, you won't need all of them, to refuse being irradiated and groped. Probably just 5-10% of travellers. That would so overwhelm the system there would need to be much closer scrutiny and eventually a change in how they do business. It will force the government to either get out of the business or back down on their procedures that they don't know, much less follow.

But in the meantime you are being told how you are going to travel. Rationalize it how you want, you are still being told how you're going to live.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    We'll use your favorite: Vote out the politicians that won't change it until we get ones that will

But in the land of reality it will only take a small number of people, you won't need all of them, to refuse being irradiated and groped. Probably just 5-10% of travellers. That would so overwhelm the system there would need to be much closer scrutiny and eventually a change in how they do business. It will force the government to either get out of the business or back down on their procedures that they don't know, much less follow.

But in the meantime you are being told how you are going to travel. Rationalize it how you want, you are still being told how you're going to live.

I'm all for voting out politicians that don't support personal liberties. That takes two years and you have to forment enough disgust in the current politicians to make it effective.

I'm not being told how to live. I'm being told the conditions of traveling via commercial air. I can accept or reject those conditions by flying commercially. Or not. I'm choosing to exercise my right not to fly.

As an aside, I wonder how many people complaining about this issue are genuinely complaining because they fly and don't want to be groped vs. complaining for complaint's sake?

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I'm all for voting out politicians that don't support personal liberties. That takes two years and you have to forment enough disgust in the current politicians to make it effective.

I'm not being told how to live. I'm being told the conditions of traveling via commercial air. I can accept or reject those conditions by flying commercially. Or not. I'm choosing to exercise my right not to fly.

As an aside, I wonder how many people complaining about this issue are genuinely complaining because they fly and don't want to be groped vs. complaining for complaint's sake?
    Like I said, you are being told how you are going to travel. Regardless of how you rationalize it. You are being told you can't fly commercial because you won't play the game.

Does it matter who is complaining? If you don't stand up for the rights of someone else who is going to stand up for yours when you are the next target?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you guys pay close attention they tell you she was given the option to be patted down again or leave the airport. She refused both. So? she was arrested. Could not find any information on the charges but I would assume trespass?

She said she reluctantly agreed to the "patdown" on the condition that they don't touch her breasts. They insisted, and she resisted. I would like to know what the charges were as well. Probably the infamous catchall, Resisting Arrest.

The video said that Austin police were on site and arrested her for the TSA. Feds & local police work together, that's how the new world order works.

You know, I would be damn proud if I found an alert citizen who is out there bringing attention to the tyranny inside the TSA - even if they have never flown in their life. A real patriot would welcome them to the ranks, in the fight for liberty, waking up America. A real patriot fights against injustice even when it is not affecting their lives personally.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    You know, I would be damn proud if I found an alert citizen who is out there bringing attention to the tyranny inside the TSA - even if they have never flown in their life. A real patriot would welcome them to the ranks, in the fight for liberty, waking up America. A real patriot fights against injustice even when it is not affecting their lives personally.
    That's the problem, right there. Too many people content to sit and watch all this crap happen and it's ok just as long as they aren't affected.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I do not think that is always correct. Too many reported & documented incidents of people arrested after passing the TSA Checkpoint and then Not wanting to be Groped, X Rayed or subjected to further Humiliation at the hands of a "Public Civil Servant" :dunno:

Not wanting to start an argument, but isn't that what a police officer is?

gemlit-eyed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    It seems to me the TV news used to show the lines of holiday travelers at airports. Every year interviewing would-be passengers going to grandma's house. I did vaguely notice that this reporting has been less in recent years. This year I was paying attention because of the opt out day for Thanksgiving. FOX59 did a report at the airport using a tight focus on a very small group to show how little effect opt out was having. It was interesting because in the background I could see a very uncrowded airport. While there were reports of a huge traffic jam in the northeast. It was implied people were driving rather than flying but got very little coverage. The local paper had an article about retail sales being pretty good this year in spite of the economy. Makes me wonder if travel dollars were being spent at home.
    I am thinking few people have the time or resources to challenge the TSA procedures. Instead opting out of flying, use that cash for a good Christmas at home. Why risk multithousand dollar fines and attorney fees? My take is the only people who are flying are those with no other option, Buisness, to far to drive, not enough time off work to drive round trip.
    Reading some history of train travel. I came accross a mention that freight was the money maker and passenger travel was incidental.Good PR for the Railroads but not a money maker. Is the same true for Airlines? :dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom