• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I feel sorry for the LEO's in Arizona. Now when they find a BG with a handgun, they will have to give it back to him since it's legal for him to have it without a license.

I feel sorry for people that feel a permit is needed to carry a gun. Felon in possession is still illegal, so I see no problem with respecting the Second Amendment.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    montana made law

Has anyone heard of this new (ok to me maybe) law in Montana, Tennesee, Idaho, Wyoming? it goes like this, if a gun is made in those states for people in those states, they don't have to go through the brady nonsense,or fill out a form 4473....sounds great to me anyone want to help me make some guns here in good old Indiana? In state would be considered intra-state, not inter-state, so no fed laws apply!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    carrying

I feel sorry for people that feel a permit is needed to carry a gun. Felon in possession is still illegal, so I see no problem with respecting the Second Amendment.
    better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6..even before I got my permit, when I lived in Ky if I was going into a rough area, I carried I was going about my own business and had no intention of harming anyone...cept a bad guy, as far as I was concerned, I was breaking no law, except a stupid one!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Has anyone heard of this new (ok to me maybe) law in Montana, Tennesee, Idaho, Wyoming? it goes like this, if a gun is made in those states for people in those states, they don't have to go through the brady nonsense,or fill out a form 4473....sounds great to me anyone want to help me make some guns here in good old Indiana? In state would be considered intra-state, not inter-state, so no fed laws apply!

Several states. BATFE is stating it's a federal violation. One state has stated they will arrest and jail BATFEs trying to hassle citizens.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, but changing for the better in this regard.

Think about it, in 1987 we were fighting to get a license to carry a pistol. Now in 2010 the Bradys are fighting to keep licensing.:D

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Yes, from the long range persective that only a person of many years can appreciate, it looks like our gun rights are slowly being restored. 1994-2004 was a dark spot on our history, but if we had to endure that so that others would wake up and see the erosion of our rights, and demand that those rights be restored, then so be it.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business

Tallenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Thorntown
    This is another law that Arizona has just passed, as well. Similar to the other states. Essentially, it is a challenge to the broad interpretation of the commerce clause in the US Constitution, which is the basis for essentially ALL federal law, excepting those things specifically enumerated in Article 1, section 8 (I think that is the right place).

As far as AZ law to purchase a firearm: from a FFL, the same as any other state. Most of the laws regarding what an FFL is required to check for are federal laws. AZ does allow for skipping the background check if the purchaser presents a valid CCW permit. Since essentially the same background check is needed to obtain the permit, it is considered adequate for purchasing, as well.

For private sales, there are currently no restrictions that I am aware of, except for selling to someone that you know to be a prohibited possessor, or of course, conducting a straw man purchase for someone else.

Top Bottom