• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    The question is if abortion is murder. Depending on your religious views, a child has life when the egg is inseminated, after nostrils are formed, after a heartbeat is present, or at multiple other points. If a child is alive when in utero, there are moral and hopefully legal protections.
    Legally, the 5th amendment enshrines the right to life except through due process of law. If a mother was to murder her 2 week old child, ripping it apart with tongs, I would hope the law steps in.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Take this quick survey. See where you land.

Interesting- I sit on the very corner of moderate between conservative and libertarian. This would have surprised me 20 years ago....seems about right now.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I’m not here to flame people. Right now I’m mostly here to find out if anyone sees hope in the Republican Party because I’ve spent the last 4 years losing any faith I had in them to actually fight for anything worthwhile.
    No is the answer, but I continue to vote. What I or other voters do will not be enough to change our direction. Too much money and power that we don’t have. I vote with a clear conscience and clear understanding that I am not responsible for a politician’s actions. Change will require a higher power.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Legally, the 5th amendment enshrines the right to life except through due process of law...
    Which only applies to the government(s), not person-to-person interactions. A state could decide to have no murder laws and that would not violate the 5th Amendment.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If you're looking for virtuous candidates be prepared to search far and wide. If you're hoping for an automatic conservative just because they have an R by their name you'll be disappointed at least as often as not.

But, you need to vote. If you cannot research each candidate sufficiently before the election my recommendation is to find out who the incumbent is and vote for someone else. A steady turnover all the way through the system would go a decent way towards righting the ship. If we can't get people in these positions to do their jobs we can at least make it more challenging for them to continue holding this country underwater.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But, you need to vote. If you cannot research each candidate sufficiently before the election my recommendation is to find out who the incumbent is and vote for someone else. A steady turnover all the way through the system would go a decent way towards righting the ship. If we can't get people in these positions to do their jobs we can at least make it more challenging for them to continue holding this country underwater.
    THIS!

A LOT of incumbents have gotten far too comfy.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    So Arizona republicans just repealed a law protecting the lives of babies.
    As someone who believes that the lives of babies matter, I’m honestly asking why I should bother voting when the people we get in office take what was already a victory and just surrender it completely. This is not incrementalism, this is giving up victories already won. I found it demoralizing to watch and I genuinely want a good reason to even bother voting anymore when there is no pro-life party present. I’ve heard the “stay in the fight” line but there is no fight. Why bother voting for these people?
    I really do feel you. I have a lot of the same questions you have.

But as others have already pointed out, the key is to stop voting for the Republican party, and start voting for individual candidates. If you do that, I think you'll still find yourself voting for Republicans most of the time, because they'll be closer to your values than any other viable option out there. But don't let whether or not someone has an "R" next to their name make or break your decision to vote for them. If a particular Republican matches your values better than the person they're running against, vote for them. If not, vote for the next best option. I greatly concur with @phylodog's advice to vote against the incumbent by default, if you truly don't know who to vote for.

Also, Todd Young is an absolute disgrace, and needs to be voted out of office yesterday.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's being anywhere near moderate that surprises me. Personally, I think the right has moved more right at the same time as the left has moved more left.
    The best story is a lady I work with. I was down in her office location the day after Obama won. She was gloating and was sooo proud of herself for her vote. She mentioned smugly that she was a 3rd gen Democrat woman. I had no idea she was that much of a loon. So I asked her to take it. She was in TOTAL denial that she was only a dem because of family legacy because her actual views didnt match her voting record.

She actually accused me of sending her to a fake survey that no matter how you answer the outcome is always the same. She just couldnt believe it. LOL

Im not sure if she ever reconciled her position.

Ashton1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I am happy to be libertarian. ever since '01, it has become increasingly clear that the deep state exists to force us to serve it. While I think killing children is bad, the attacks on family and disincentive structure which causes more children to grow up without two parents has caused comparable destruction and is the direct result of the government trying to force people to be dependent on it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    So Arizona republicans just repealed a law protecting the lives of babies.
    As someone who believes that the lives of babies matter, I’m honestly asking why I should bother voting when the people we get in office take what was already a victory and just surrender it completely. This is not incrementalism, this is giving up victories already won. I found it demoralizing to watch and I genuinely want a good reason to even bother voting anymore when there is no pro-life party present. I’ve heard the “stay in the fight” line but there is no fight. Why bother voting for these people?
    I think they are going to work on it right after they repeal obammy care.

Top Bottom