Are there legitimate reasons not to be fingerprinted?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    This "The sky is falling!" type of mentality, and refusal to influence and work through the system, is one example obtrusive laws are slow to change, and judges are permitted to render opinions of such.

Again, for some inexplicable reason, you keep missing it. It was attempted to "work through the system." Courts in Indiana flat dismissed two cases. No summary judgment, no trial, just threw them right out of court.

Dr. King's methods of civil obedience, economic boycotts, as well as his overall political savvy, effected the political landscape more profoundly, than any attempted boycott of a political party. This, with only an approximate 13% of the race population being black.

How do you boycott the government and IMPD? They forcibly take money from you through taxes, and they require you to use their courts. There isn't another court system you can use to compel IMPD to do this or that.

We all need to get our heads out of our respective posteriors. We need to admit it.

You need to admit that your spouting platitudes and you're ignoring basic legal realities.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Again, for some inexplicable reason, you keep missing it. It was attempted to "work through the system." Courts in Indiana flat dismissed two cases. No summary judgment, no trial, just threw them right out of court.

How do you boycott the government and IMPD? They forcibly take money from you through taxes, and they require you to use their courts. There isn't another court system you can use to compel IMPD to do this or that.

You need to admit that your spouting platitudes and you're ignoring basic legal realities.

I seem to recall that blacks in this country were similarly denied their rights as well. They took profound step to influence government economically, as well as politically.

If such steps were inadequate to change government, then according to you, King wasn't recognizing realities by this actions. Thats news to me. As such, there must be no civil liberties either. Wow.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I seem to recall that blacks in this country were similarly denied their rights as well. They took profound step to influence government economically, as well as politically.

If such steps were inadequate to change government, then according to you, King wasn't recognizing realities by this actions. Thats news to me. As such, there must be no civil liberties either. Wow.

Martin Luther King was a joke. the only good thing that came from him are streets names after him. Why is that good you ask?? because if a street is named martin luther king drive, ave, alley, circle, ct, road, etc. then it tells you to stay the F away or risk being shot by thugs. if you must drive down a street named after MLK then be armed and ready.
    I think the crime ridden areas surrounding the places named after him, tell you the truth about what and who he represented. and it has nothing to do with race. so dont throw the race card at me.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Martin Luther King was a joke. the only good thing that came from him are streets names after him. Why is that good you ask?? because if a street is named martin luther king drive, ave, alley, circle, ct, road, etc. then it tells you to stay the F away or risk being shot by thugs. if you must drive down a street named after MLK then be armed and ready.
    I think the crime ridden areas surrounding the places named after him, tell you the truth about what and who he represented. and it has nothing to do with race. so dont throw the race card at me.

Opinions be what they are, I accept them of everyone. However ignorance has once again seemed to have reared it's ugly head upon INGO.

Just an FYI to everyone, King fought for everyone's civil liberties, not just for the black population. That is unless anyone believes that such a statement is the equivalent of a "race card".

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

I have heard from many that his still living family are very money greedy (things like money for the rights to use his name on a monument for him) and that his memorial that is in ATL if I remember right is in less then great condition.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I have heard from many that his still living family are very money greedy (things like money for the rights to use his name on a monument for him) and that his memorial that is in ATL if I remember right is in less then great condition.

Perhaps his family has allowed itself to suffer in such a manner. The memorial likewise.

Perhaps you could quantify your remarks, I don't see it having much of anything to do with a man who has been dead over 40 years.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Opinions be what they are, I accept them of everyone. However ignorance has once again seemed to have reared it's ugly head upon INGO.

Just an FYI to everyone, King fought for everyone's civil liberties, not just for the black population. That is unless anyone believes that such a statement is the equivalent of a "race card".

i think the only thing that was ignorant was MLKs dream. maybe he believed in what he said, but the reapers of what he sow'd have sure done a good job of discracing any credit he may or may not deserve.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Perhaps his family has allowed itself to suffer in such a manner. The memorial likewise.

Perhaps you could quantify your remarks, I don't see it having much of anything to do with a man who has been dead over 40 years.

So it has been said that the family is money greedy even when it comes to the naming rights of memorials built for MLK and the family owned (if I remember right it is family owned) memorial is in shambles does not mean anything? Granted one sould not make a base an opinion off someone bases on what the rest of the family is doing but still.....

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    but the reapers of what he sow'd have sure done a good job of discracing any credit he may or may not deserve.

:yesway:

Kinda like the people still mad at the white man for enslaving them..... that was how many generations ago? Granted I think it was wrong and all but sometimes you have to move on.

I do think that if MLK was still alive today that he would be throwing up in his mouth.....

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    ......Granted one sould not make a base an opinion off someone bases on what the rest of the family is doing but still.....

William Franklin, the son of Benjamin Franklin, chose to place his loyalty unto English crown.

We don't judge Ben Franklin for the deeds of his son. Neither should we consider Martin Luther King's children, when we consider his legacy to civil rights.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Kinda like the people still mad at the white man for enslaving them..... that was how many generations ago? Granted I think it was wrong and all but sometimes you have to move on.

I do think that if MLK was still alive today that he would be throwing up in his mouth.....

You have a gift for understatement, on both counts. :yesway:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    William Franklin, the son of Benjamin Franklin, chose to place his loyalty unto English crown.

We don't judge Ben Franklin for the deeds of his son. Neither should we consider Martin Luther King's children, when we consider his legacy to civil rights.

Just saying it does not help the image and what he stood for ya know?

I try to give good arguments from both sides of the fence haha.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Ben Franklin didnt fight and stand up for his treasonous child, he disowned him. thats why he isnt judged for his sons actions. he nipped it in the bud

...And King had that opportunity when? Oh yeah, he was shot dead in 1968, as his children were too young to allegedly become money grubbers.

Then again, if he had lived to influence his children's lives a bit more, perhaps they would have turned out in the better than they did.

Last edited:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    i think the only thing that was ignorant was MLKs dream. maybe he believed in what he said, but the reapers of what he sow'd have sure done a good job of discracing any credit he may or may not deserve.
    No, it was a good dream. It is disappointing that most of the people who would claim to be his followers are standing in the way of it coming true, but caring more about the content of character than skin color is a very good dream.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Since this has gotten off-track, it seems like a good place to say this: isn't it nicer in here now that smoking357 is gone? I'm all for disagreements and alternate viewpoints, but his narcissistic and intellectually superior attitude was obnoxious.

Top Bottom