• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Always wanted to build a MEGA ARMS AR-10 and FINALLY... after searching, giving up and searching again, I ran across a stripped lower and am ready to start searching for the internals.

I'm not giving myself a formal budget for this project... but I also don't plan on dumping money into it for the sake of blowing cash. I plan to build this thing once... the way I want it with the idea that it will be with me for life, therefore I don't mind paying extra for quality if the value is there. I want this rifle for shooting out to 800yds and capable of more if I ever catch up to it.

What components should I be looking for... particularly with the trigger. From my understanding... the Mega Maten lowers allow me the option to choose just about any AR-15 or AR-10 trigger system. I don't want to set this thing up as a combat rifle per say more for slow, methodical target shooting off a bench or in prone.

I'm looking for input on triggers to match the type of shooting I primarily want to do. Sounds to me that I should be looking for a single stage trigger... but which one?

Does anyone out there run a particular brand in their AR that they like above all else and why? Is there anything I should be looking to avoid? What are some of the top brands everyone is raving about?

All input is valuable...

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Spend some time on the geissle web site and read up on the different triggers he offers. Since you are in no hurry and have an open budget, then this is the way to go. If you are target shooting from a very stable position, you really should look at a two stage. It will make a real difference in your shooting.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I'm a big fan of these

CMC Triggers | CMCTriggers.com - The Most Effective AR-15 & AR-10 Accurizer!

I run em in my AR15's and my mega AR10. Single stage design which I like for what your intended purposes are. Nice clean, crisp break and very little overtravel with very little travel for reset. They are cheaper than the geissle by about $65 and maybe a better trigger feel as long as you dont require a two stage trigger.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I appreciate all of the information.... I've started reading through some of the Giesselle website and think the DMR might be a good fit for my needs.

I'll also check out some of the other suggestions on here as well...

Thanks INGO

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    For an exclusively bench AR I could stand a single stage trigger, and the only single stage trigger I care for of those I've tried is from JP Enterprises.

The SSA-E from Geissele linked above would be my choice for any other application.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    For an exclusively bench AR I could stand a single stage trigger, and the only single stage trigger I care for of those I've tried is from JP Enterprises.

The SSA-E from Geissele linked above would be my choice for any other application.

Yep, I think I've settled completely on the SSA-E... I've also already decided on a stock. I was torn between the Magpul PRS and the CAA SRS... but I found a sweet deal on a SRS and decided to give it a shot. I realize you pretty much can't go wrong with a Magpul, but I like all of the added adjustments on the SRS so I hope when it arrives I will be content with the quality.

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yep, I think I've settled completely on the SSA-E... I've also already decided on a stock. I was torn between the Magpul PRS and the CAA SRS... but I found a sweet deal on a SRS and decided to give it a shot. I realize you pretty much can't go wrong with a Magpul, but I like all of the added adjustments on the SRS so I hope when it arrives I will be content with the quality.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_125/...Sale___Great_Deals_including_ALG_Trigger.html

They use to have awesome prices on Geisseles. I went to look again and it looks like they no longer advertise to prices. But according to their thread, if you call them, they can still hook you up.

I bought an SSA-E from them 1 October. I think it was around $180 shipped!

Not to shake the boat or anything, but you might also take a look at the Geissele DMR and Match Rifle triggers. They'll be a little lighter than the SSA-E and I think the Match Rifle triggers are adjustable to be even lighter.
    Either way, you won't be disappointed. I have 2 or 3 SSA-Es and love them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom