• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Will probably be going to the upcoming Indy 1500, and one of the items on my list will be a LPK for the Stag lower I have on order through Karlsgunbunker's group buy.

I have seen some negative posts about DPMS LPK's - mostly gritty trigger complaints or things not fitting well. Any truth to this, or just internet griping?

So what are the good serviceable reasonably-priced LPKs? I am not looking for anything special like a match trigger or whatever - just the basic lower parts, but hopefully good quality.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    LPKs???

We have finished building our lowers and we used DPMS, Bushy, RRA and DBLStar.

The DPMS definately had some finish issues, tool marks etc... nothing but cosmetic though. I believe the DPMS kits had plastic trigger guards too, (they were the cheapest too, $40-$52) other than that..?? These were used in DPMS lowers.

The Bushy and DBLStar kits went in w/o any issues. These were used in the Bushy lowers.

The RRA kits were probably the nicest finished, but they both had the worst release on the triggers. They felt better after the stocks were installed and seem to be wearing in better thru dry firing..... These were used in the CMMG lowers.

When I bought, $75 was the highest paid, for the RRAs but they feel very nice, substantial in the hand..... like holding an ounce of gold.....

If you really need one and are willing to pay the prices today, I would recommend the other kits first and the DPMS last.... unless you get the DPMS cheaper.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Will probably be going to the upcoming Indy 1500, and one of the items on my list will be a LPK for the Stag lower I have on order through Karlsgunbunker's group buy.

I have seen some negative posts about DPMS LPK's - mostly gritty trigger complaints or things not fitting well. Any truth to this, or just internet griping?

So what are the good serviceable reasonably-priced LPKs? I am not looking for anything special like a match trigger or whatever - just the basic lower parts, but hopefully good quality.

Have you asked Karl if he has any extra (not spoken for yet) LPK's? :dunno:

Top Bottom