• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Special Announcement!

In honor of the 50th anniversary of the 10/22 next year, Ruger is holding a design contest to pick a new 10/22 model. Appleseeder mac66 was of the opinion that the best 10/22 they could make would be a factory made Appleseed LTR.

He entered the concept LTR Ruger 10-22 - and it was accepted as one of the ten finalists to be voted on by you, the public.

We need this rifle to be put into production by Ruger! Therefore, we need you to go to Ruger's website, and vote for it - vote for the design by "Gary from Michigan"!

Here's the site: Vote for Mac. The Ruger® 10/22® 50th Anniversary Design Contest

You're allowed to vote once a day, until the voting closes at the end of the month.

Currently, we are in SECOND place. Is that where we want to be? I don't think so.

If you will vote, making a point to vote each and every day (let's watch to see as we climb up to first!), and tell your friends to vote, we could see a Ruger 10/22 LTR in production next year - click-adjustable factory sites, the whole works!

This is a great way to help out Appleseed! And a painless way! Plus, the suspense of watching to see if we can move our guy up to first place.

The word is you can vote from different computers - like one at work and one at home - on the same day. But I leave that to you...

Thanks for helping us in this.

The Appleseed Team​

Wild Deuce

Master
    Dec 2, 2009
    It appears to have a custom trigger (Volquartsen maybe?) adjustable for overtravel, floated match barrel, muzzle brake, sling studs, tech sights, rail for optics, stock inserts for length of pull and comb height adjustments (adult friendly).

Please help push this rifle into first place. It's a win for everyone ... If "our guy" wins, Ruger will produce this rifle. No need to tell you guys that the cost savings should be pretty good for some premium parts. Couple those savings with any combined Appleseed promos and you could walk away with an awesome rifle and quality training for less than you would spend trying to put a similar rifle together on your own. I think out of ALL the rifles in the contest, this would end up being the best selling rifle. There are cooler looking ones but this one would be affordable and have broad enough appeal to result in actual sales ... a win for Ruger. The Appleseed community alone should set Ruger's sales numbers on fire ... or at least warm them up a bit.

Remember ... "Gary from Michigan" ... go vote!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Nov 25, 2008
    At the time of my vote he was in second place at 17% shortly behind 1st place who had 18%. Close race!

Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Pass around to your friends, patriots, and others asking them to vote. Its only 2 clicks with no registration involved so its easy.

Take a look at the best of the rest link on the page with the current results. I like the GI M1 carbine version.

I wasn't thinking yesterday. I should have passed out a link to the Nappanee Appleseed event attendees. That would have added to the total. There was a gorgeous Garand on the line.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom