• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    OK so I'm giving appendix carry another try.
    Thanks to Slow Hand for making me a custom holster for my G19 and fingers crossed the pictures show below

ETA: I couldn't find exactly what I wanted and spend days searching the internet. Seems like everyone has their own preference and how they want to carry for their own body type. I opted for double soft loops which can be reverted to just a single if desired OR I also had the spacing set up for a hard clip for a 1 1/2 belt.
    The soft loops coupled with the smooth rounded edges mean it doesn't dig into my leg or nether regions. I have tried appendix carry before and it was fine for standing or being vertical but found it uncomfortable when sitting, bending over etc. etc.
    I have been wearing this for a week now. Shot the concealed carry match at Parabellum with it last week and it worked great (did better than the week before!).
    Drove the car for seven hours, there's a good youtube video on this and it really was comfortable once I got situated ie lap strap behind the holster sweat guard but beware when rushing out of vehicle.
    Having a comfortable holster and clothing is key.
    I'm getting more accustomed to carrying this way daily.

Thanks again Slow Hand

M3DEMZN.jpg

5aMQBvm.jpg

qkKZe1c.jpg

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Looks pretty good! Are you carrying right of center or about belt buckle area?

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Looks pretty good! Are you carrying right of center or about belt buckle area?

Just right of center, say one o' clock for the pistol and a mirror image for the mag holder.
    I'm still getting used to it all but glad I went with a separate mag holder. It just allows more versatility and reduces bulk.
    So many choices out there.
    I picked the brains of a couple of other INGOers and they went with soft loops too for added comfort/flexibility.
    I can also see the benefit for one handed manipulations since access by either hand is fairly easy.
    I haven't shot prone with a rifle yet so that may be a big con but for EDC it's working out.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I have been carrying almost identically (mirror image though) for about 8 years now. If you can commit to a closed front garment I don't think there is a better way to carry. If new to it, please reholster reluctantly. *

* Reholster reluctantly is good advice for everyone not just AIWB.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Glad to hear you're trying again. I think too many people don't give AIWB carry the chance it deserves. I started a couple years ago and couldn't be happier. My goal is to lose my belly and be able to carry any size pistol comfortably AIWB.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Not going to lie.....I’m terrified of AIWB. Also, I think I don’t wear my pants high enough to sit with AIWB. Any of you AIWBers have a good educational video? I’m interested to learn more. Been OWB under a shirt for years with great success, but always interested to learn more. Seems like AIWB would make for extremely quick access to the firearm compared to carrying at 4:00.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    This is how I've been carrying for a few months now. I like the idea of the soft loops (and I think I have some lying around here somewhere). I might have to change out the clip on my holster with some to see if I like it better.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I really wanted to embrace A-IWB... Tried a couple hybrid designs and finally found a fit...

s-l64.jpg
    Clip rides close/next to buckle.

Comfortable and doesn't have any corners or edges that poke me when I sit down.

YMMV.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Not going to lie.....I’m terrified of AIWB. Also, I think I don’t wear my pants high enough to sit with AIWB. Any of you AIWBers have a good educational video? I’m interested to learn more. Been OWB under a shirt for years with great success, but always interested to learn more. Seems like AIWB would make for extremely quick access to the firearm compared to carrying at 4:00.

[video=youtube;pBP76hRY7gs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBP76hRY7gs[/video]

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    This may help for those of us who are "horizontally enhanced". :D

[video=youtube;LYVekHI7fzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYVekHI7fzQ&list=PL4A85932389160025&index= 417[/video]

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I'm not quite horizontally challenged. 5-11"x140#. The issue is comfort against bones sometimes. The 'driver' for me was that I was 99% OWB 4'oclock. Winter carry- jacket/coat, sweater/sweatshirt/no tuck no problem. Wanted to be increasingly discreet, A-IWB seem like the likely choice. Yes- I have to loosen my belt, but with the right holster it works. The one I have specifically reads, A-IWB 12-2 oclock. No 4 oclock. If I'm sitting, driving, etc. it does not dig into me. I'm running a DA/SA/Decocker. The muscle memory/draw is improving. The argument about access with seat belt on while driving also makes sense to me.

Just my :twocents: FWIW. Each one has to find what works for them.

:ingo:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom