• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm getting a new laptop and was wondering if there are many better options on a Mac. I am getting a Windows 7 laptop but came across comparisons and read about people using OS X on Windows machines. Not really sure it is something I need to do but unless I find a theme I like for Windows 7 it does give an option of making things look better.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    aa-Invasion-of-the-Body-Snatchers-Donald-Sutherland.jpg

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I had a friend who bought a new mac (last year) and as soon as he got it he put windows XP on it... :n00b:

I've never put OS X on a PC, but I can see why you would want to. I'd just buy a mac, so you can have the multi touch trackpad!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    If I had the money for one, I might have spent the money on one(that may be a lie, I would've bought the laptop I did and more guns). I may do a dual boot or I may just find something that makes 7 look better(and hopefully find something that helps the function, laptop I have 7 on right now can be a pain at times).

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    My ideal setup would be a mac with os x and windows dual booted. That being said I don't know why you would want to put OS X on a pc but to each their own

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Here ya go. Not sure if you can dual boot, tho.

How to Install Mac OS X on a PC (Without Using a Mac)

There are plenty of step by steps for dual boot with 7 and OS X. Looks like it'll be fairly easy too. Mostly wanting to do this just because. The laptop is mostly going to be for school and has a 500g hard drive so using a 40g partition won't be a big deal(needed is suppose to be 8g but I've seen anywhere from 15 to 40g as a recommendation). It'll give me something to mess with and see if I want to end up buying something with fruit on it at some point.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a mac mini running Windows XP on Parallels so I can use the mac and use windows software (my security software only runs on Windows software) so I can watch my security cameras at the same time using the mac.

Top Bottom