Anyone reloading .357 Sig? Tips, recipes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Giving reloading for .357 Sig a serious consideration. Already have components, dies, etc. May need to get a more specific powder.

Anyone have any favorite recipes? Wanting to work my way up to some warm loads like Underwoods.

Thanks,

B&G

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    As a big fan of .357 Sig, I spent time researching the requirements. The big thing is thr bullet. It needs to have a short nose and a long body.This is because of the very short neck of the .357 Sig case. The Nosler 125gr. JHP is perfect. I settled on 11.1 gr. of AA #7. This is one step down from maximum listed load but is more than "magnumey" enough for me. In fact it had more recoil than the Remington 125 gr. factory load,

If I can be of any more help, let me know. Incidentally, Midway shows those bullets as available.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    As a big fan of .357 Sig, I spent time researching the requirements. The big thing is thr bullet. It needs to have a short nose and a long body.This is because of the very short neck of the .357 Sig case. The Nosler 125gr. JHP is perfect. I settled on 11.1 gr. of AA #7. This is one step down from maximum listed load but is more than "magnumey" enough for me. In fact it had more recoil than the Remington 125 gr. factory load,

If I can be of any more help, let me know. Incidentally, Midway shows those bullets as available.
    Thanks Jim. Question- I'm not seeing the Nolser 125's on Midway. I do see some 'Factory Seconds'. You don't have a link to the Nosler you're referring to?

Any thoughts/experience on plated pills?

B&G

Last edited:

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I just checked Midwayusa and they show Nosler 124 gr. jhp at about $73 and change for quantity 250. Personally, I wouldn't use plated bullets at magnum velocities. If you are ever in my area I would be happy to give you a couple dozen Noslers to try. I don't drive anymore or shoot magnums due to my age.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I just checked Midwayusa and they show Nosler 124 gr. jhp at about $73 and change for quantity 250. Personally, I wouldn't use plated bullets at magnum velocities. If you are ever in my area I would be happy to give you a couple dozen Noslers to try. I don't drive anymore or shoot magnums due to my age.
    My bad. I had the search set to 125 only. Found them... :thumbsup:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thanks Jim. Question- I'm not seeing the Nolser 125's on Midway. I do see some 'Factory Seconds'. You don't have a link to the Nosler you're referring to?

Any thoughts/experience on plated pills?

B&G
    I'd use the Hi Tek coated bullets.
    They can handle very high velocity without leading. I've shot 180gr poly coated bullets at 1750fps out of my 44mag revolver without any problems.

Try hoosierbullets.com I use those alot, then
    Summit City Bullets, and RMR round out the top three I usually buy from and in that order.

Top Bottom