• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    ....tumbling the the brass in some sort of media?

I've punched out the primer and cleaned the primer pocket. What if I don't feel like tumbling everything and just want to load new rounds?

:dunno:

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, I got tired of cleaning the pockets after my drill battery died at around the thousandth round. So, I already did quit that :)

Thanks.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    As long as the case didnt spend time face down in the mud you will be fine. Ive loaded 20K+ of .40 without doing anything other than tumbling and running them through the press. Tumbling the brass does make it easier on your dies, but its nothing that I would be to concerned about. But Im also kind of a rebel like that. :cool:

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I haven't cleaned a primer pocket in years...as long as the flash hole is clear, it matters not in the slightest.

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Loaded for 20+ years without ever tumbling a case, could always tell which ones were mine and which were range pickups, mine were a delightful black color and always worked just fine.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Cheap tumbling solution

If you do use a liquid tumbler, here is a cheap solution to really clean your brass. 1/2 gallon hot water, about a teaspoon of dish soap and 1/3 cup of white vinegar. Makes black cases look new again and cleans both inside and out.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    If you do use a liquid tumbler, here is a cheap solution to really clean your brass. 1/2 gallon hot water, about a teaspoon of dish soap and 1/3 cup of white vinegar. Makes black cases look new again and cleans both inside and out.

Will try that soon.

Top Bottom