• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My mom's will be this weekend. She was really big into collecting antique furniture, crystal plates/containers--I always called them gew-gaws--and old phones and such. Small house, but packed full of stuff if you're interested in these kinds of things. She also had a '72 Ford truck and a '98 (oldsmo)Buick car that will be in the sale. Near as I can tell, everything looks like it is priced reasonably, if not downright low, but what do I know??

The sale will be Friday 07/31 and Saturday 08/01 from 8am-3pm both days at 6865 E 49th St in Indianapolis (49th & Shadeland Ave). Aether Estate Sales is handling it all, and I probably won't be there much if at all--too many memories, and probably just too much to watch it all go... I also have a small house, and I'm not letting my wife or myself go all hoarder and pack it to the gills with mom's stuff that we'd most likely never use (or be able to walk around)--hence the estate sale.

I have to say there will be NO guns/gun-related stuff there...those things already went home with me.

If you like antique solid wood bed frames, dressers, etc, my mom kept everything in absolute immaculate condition. Since the stuff can't come home with me and has to go somewhere, I'd rather it go to whoever really might appreciate the craftsmanship from bygone years. Feel free to stop in and look!

Mods--I didn't really know where to put this announcement, so if you feel it needs to be somewhere other than here, please move it to wherever it's most appropriate!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    how does a sale like this work? Is it like an auction? like a garage sale where price is negotiable? or like walmart where you checkout for a listed price? will there be sales tax? And does she have any somewhat clean living room type furniture? (looking for cheap chairs to put in my garage.)

eric001

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    To the best of my knowledge, it's more take it at the listed price kind of thing. Never done this before, and thus NOT an expert. She has some pretty nice chairs that are fairly new, an old couch, and a couple of chair/table sets that are all wood. Dunno if any of that helps, but there ya go!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    To the best of my knowledge, it's more take it at the listed price kind of thing. Never done this before, and thus NOT an expert. She has some pretty nice chairs that are fairly new, an old couch, and a couple of chair/table sets that are all wood. Dunno if any of that helps, but there ya go!

In our garage sale-ing travels we've run across a couple of Aether estate sales and they usually take offers or lower the prices to practically give away prices as the specified sale time comes to a close. This is probably negotiated with the sellers though so YMMV, we've actually gotten some GREAT deals by being there at days end but it was purely by accident.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    I'm guessing that if your Mom had met my Mom, they would have been close friends.

I've been looking for a rotary phone. Hopefully, something will be left if I can make it out there.

Good luck with the sale.

eric001

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I like the phone in photo #87 and #82. I may have to get there before work Friday.

Those phones came from homes in Hillsboro, IN. They were some of the original phones used back when there were people manning switchboards plugging cables in to connect calls. Mom had a soft spot for old phones, as she at one time worked at the Hillsboro switchboard.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom