• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaNdYMaN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    north side.
    went down to the cabin in southern illinois thursday and friday, didnt see a thing, only when we were driving to go get lunch did we see anything and they were no where near where we were hunting, then i went this morning back here in indy and only saw a squirrel, but anyone seeing anything? any good luck? i havent got one since early november n im jonesin..

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    Saw 3 nice size doe this morning. Im waiting for Grand Dady Long Horns to show up though!! Ive saw him a few times, but he hasnt been in range. I spotlight a lot and saw him in 2 nights ago! This evening I bumped up 3 "deer," but im not too sure what they were.

Good Luck To Everyone!!

And, the guys above are correct...Know their Food Source and where it is located because they will be very close to it.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Funny thing is, I can sit in my jeep for 30 minutes after shooting light, flip my headlights on and they are all over the field.

I'm wore out after the last few days and having nothing to shoot at.

Football and tag salad may be on the menu tomorrow.

CaNdYMaN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    north side.
    Apparently these mo fo's weren't hungry at all, I was by thier food and water sources and didn't see one, o well, always another day u know.. How's everyones season goin?

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    I think the deer are underground. I walked my entire property with 2 friends while squirrel hunting and we didn't see a single deer. I kind of figured we'd jump a couple, but not a single one. I gave up on deer hunting after the first week of muzzleloader They've been hard to figure out this year with all the corn that's still up and all the weird weather.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I harvested a nice 8 pointer opening evening, my wife got an 8 as well with a much wider rack( deer not wife) both from same stand 7 days from each other. Thier out there.:ar15:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    There is some in my belly from the venison chili I made yesterday. I am greedy though, sitting in my tree stand now waiting for that one last shot. There is a nice 8 pointer still here somewhere and he needs to go home with me today.

Cornbread

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have found that in the late season like this they go to heavy cover and out of the way places and move only at night. I was crossing a picked corn field with a little group of brush in the middle and jumped out 3 good size bucks. So they are out there and watching YOU.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    My wife was visiting her parents, in south eastern Larry County the other day and had a face to face encounter with a nice big 8-10 pointer.

She said it ran out into the county road, stopped looked straight at her, then charged at her in her Jeep, she said she LAID on the horn and the brakes, then at the last second it decieded not to take on the Jeep.

SO, she knows where there is at least one!:):

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    Must be lucky - have two does in the freezer and two does hanging, skinned and ready to butcher - also helping with my buddy cut up his monster cow doe - can't believe he's still bummed about not getting a buck - can't eat the horns:D

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I've had my best luck going in the farmers fields. Where there is only 3-8 trees. Just small clumps of bushes. They are not in the woods. To many hunters there.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    went out 5 times and saw turkey!! they are just now around this year for me! others have had a great year.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    I think the deer are underground. I walked my entire property with 2 friends while squirrel hunting and we didn't see a single deer. I kind of figured we'd jump a couple, but not a single one. I gave up on deer hunting after the first week of muzzleloader They've been hard to figure out this year with all the corn that's still up and all the weird weather.

I agree, it's been a weird season with all the corn up this late. Also, all the rain this fall seems to have multiplied the water sources and spread the deer out more than usual.

Top Bottom