• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have no idea.
    That said, I have an OLD SxS 12ga that has "The Compeer Gun Co. of Indianapolis, In" stamped on the barrel.
    I tried to research the Compeer Gun Co. and found next to nothing, but other firearms have been sold under many different names.

My first shotgun was a "Westernfield" 12ga pump. It was a Mossberg 500, but did not say Mossberg anywhere.
    Some of these older firearms were what was know as "hardware store guns".
    At one time, Stevens, Mossberg, Winchester... all sold firearms that were branded with distributors names.
    Western Auto sold a lot of such guns.

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    Well, I got the call that my new project had arrived at my local FFL, and I must say, it's an unusual gun. It's missing its extractor, which shouldn't be a terribly difficult part to fabricate. What is strange is that it appears to be missing some sort of transfer bar that also acts as a selector. Also, all fasteners, including the breech face insers that retan the spring loaded firing pins are Allen heads. I think this little holdout gun may havebeen a bit ahead of its time.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My first shotgun was a "Westernfield" 12ga pump. It was a Mossberg 500, but did not say Mossberg anywhere.
    At one time, Stevens, Mossberg, Winchester... all sold firearms that were branded with distributors names.

Marlin sold guns branded with distributors' names as well.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have no idea.
    That said, I have an OLD SxS 12ga that has "The Compeer Gun Co. of Indianapolis, In" stamped on the barrel.
    I tried to research the Compeer Gun Co. and found next to nothing, but other firearms have been sold under many different names.

It's called Private Labeling. The place I work made many electronic components for different car manufacturers and we put their stickers or engraved covers on many air bag sensors, restraint systems, engine controls, etc.

Top Bottom