Anyone have experience with a margarita machine?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    I am planning a birthday party for my wife and it is a Mexican themed party at home for family (Q'doba taco bar and margaritas). I am thinking about getting one of those home margarita machines to have frozen margaritas available, but I don't know if they work well.

Does anyone have an at home margarita or frozen drink machine (the basically look like large blenders with a dispenser on the them like a slushy machine) and if so, how do you like yours?

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Apparently these things run from $75 on up to ridiculous amounts. Anyone have experience with a model that doesn't break the bank (under $100).

It might be easiest just to make due with the current blender...maybe I can put a small sombrero on the lid to make it more festive.

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Apparently these things run from $75 on up to ridiculous amounts. Anyone have experience with a model that doesn't break the bank (under $100).

It might be easiest just to make due with the current blender...maybe I can put a small sombrero on the lid to make it more festive.

Boston%20Shaker.jpg

Signed,

The Bartender

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    A regular blender doesn't cut the ice as finely as a margarita maker. The nice thing about them is that you can make all kinds of great drinks besides margarita's. Splurge on a good one though if you're going to do it. Then, invite all your INGO friends over to test it out!

Nuke-in-Indy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Avon
    If the party is large enough you may want to rent one. Most large party supply stores have them (could also be called a smoothie machine:laugh:). I don't recall the price, but the wife said about $75 for the day. :twocents:

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    A pretty standard bar recipe for a top shelf margarita is as follows:

1 oz (o more) 1800
    1/2 oz Cointreau
    1/2 oz Rose's Lime
    1 oz Sweet and Sour mix

Please please please, I realize people aren't going to use fresh limes and make homemade sweet and sour, but if you're gonna take shortcuts, for the love of all things holy don't use a crappy margarita mix, at least use the recipe outlined above.

Top Bottom