Anyone a CO at the Indiana Corrections system. PM me if you have time.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I tried it for a few months, wasn't for me but I could probably answer any of the basics.

My FIL/MIL both work a Rockville Womens Prison if you need more in depth info.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    The best ways to stay safe and not get injured by inmates or in trouble with the boss.

As hard as it may be at times;

TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT.

I can personally guarantee that they will appreciate that more than anything. I have been in for 6 years, had to get physical 4 times. Every time was breaking up fights among inmates. Some guys think that because they wear that uniform and have a little bit of authority that they suddenly become billy badass and judge, jury, and executioner. Those Are usually the ones who get assaulted and usually nobody is surprised when it happens.

This may not make sense but in a way they WANT someone to put them in line when they break a rule or screw up, because it shows them that someone cares for their well being and most of them have had no guidance or come from backgrounds filled with worthless parents who didn't care.

As far as staying out of trouble with your boss its just like anything else, do your job and you have nothing to worry about. I'm 28, I've been there 6 years and I can honestly say that its the easiest job I've ever had. Its not as $hi!!y as its cracked up to be. Its like anything else, its what you make of it. I promoted to Sgt. A little over a year ago so I speak to both main questions of your post. How to keep a supervisor happy and how to avoid getting hurt. Hope this helps

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    PM sent

TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT.

I can personally guarantee that they will appreciate that more than anything. I have been in for 6 years, had to get physical 4 times. Every time was breaking up fights among inmates. Some guys think that because they wear that uniform and have a little bit of authority that they suddenly become billy badass and judge, jury, and executioner. Those Are usually the ones who get assaulted and usually nobody is surprised when it happens.

This may not make sense but in a way they WANT someone to put them in line when they break a rule or screw up, because it shows them that someone cares for their well being and most of them have had no guidance or come from backgrounds filled with worthless parents who didn't care.

As far as staying out of trouble with your boss its just like anything else, do your job and you have nothing to worry about. I'm 28, I've been there 6 years and I can honestly say that its the easiest job I've ever had. Its not as $hi!!y as its cracked up to be. Its like anything else, its what you make of it. I promoted to Sgt. A little over a year ago so I speak to both main questions of your post. How to keep a supervisor happy and how to avoid getting hurt. Hope this helps

Indian

NRA LIFE
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Southern Indiana

TREAT THEM WITH RESPECT.

longbow,

I can see jfed85 does know what he is talking about. I have over 20 + years and all I can add is for a person need to be fair, firm, and consistent in your duties and not be on a power trip. Respect means so much, they don't have to like you, but they do need to respect you. If you give respect you will get respect back. Working in Corrections is not for everyone .

Top Bottom