• ...and so much more!
  • hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Xtreme Performance Bolt (XPB) Carrier Group in DLC

I've ordered one sight unseen and everything I've read or viewed on video is that it's the KatsMeow.

On sale currently thru 12-31.

I figure if I really like it I may swap out several of my BCG's as I have a ton of AR's

What do you think - anybody have one of these..?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Xtreme Performance Bolt (XPB) Carrier Group in DLC

I've ordered one sight unseen and everything I've read or viewed on video is that it's the KatsMeow.

On sale currently thru 12-31.

I figure if I really like it I may swap out several of my BCG's as I have a ton of AR's

What do you think - anybody have one of these..?
    I've not used one, but I'll probably give them a go next build.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I can see the coating helping with cleaning but the rest seems gimmick-y to me. Try one on a new build, sure....why not. Replace one or "several" perfectly functional BCG"s, nope.

One of my builds has a hard chromed BCG....it's slick as snot. Cleans up with a Kleenex.(pardon the pun)

The others are BCM brand. Nothing fancy but they do their job with 100% reliability.

Last edited:

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    WELL, in truth, just about every other BCG has some tilt on retreat after the bolt goes backwards against the buffer.

With the Sharp's it doesn't. That's what sold me on them.

I actually got one in this last Monday and 2 more are coming THIS Monday.

Especially for the price - it seems a no-brainer.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    WELL, in truth, just about every other BCG has some tilt on retreat after the bolt goes backwards against the buffer.

That's an external piston system issue. The stoner gas system should not be tilting, as the forces are pretty much perfectly axial around the gas chamber portion of the bolt. The bolt carrier is never being pushed on anywhere near the gas key.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Centurion, sionics, fcd, expo, Bootleg. You really don't need anything else. There are good ones left off this list but one of these can generally be found, and one will generally be on sale

MrWizard

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I’ll play devils advocate since group consensus seems positive. See images below.

Notably, I believe that some of the comments are made by Roger Wang; owner/designer of Forward Controls Design. Take that for what you will.

Disclaimer: I own a Sharps XPB BCG, but have not fired it yet. I don’t put much stock in the Relia-bolt being an improvement apart from the steel quality. I bought it mostly for the carrier, and have considered swapping bolts.

V5wPV5D.jpg

RujxNh5.jpg

cPUOdXm.jpg

ToMp5Kl.jpg

sofrosune

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    1) I own and have run relia-bolts successfully in builds without issue for > 500 rds in classes.
    2) You'll be hard-pressed to find two people more knowledgeable about the AR platform than Chad Albrecht (School of the American Rifle) and Roger Wang (Forward Controls Design)

So I'll continue to run mine, but will check the headspacing occasionally.

Top Bottom