Anybody know about what just went down near 30th and MLK?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Lets get an address and a time. 30th and MLK is very generic and also a hotbed of criminal activity so narrowing down a police run is difficult. Once we have that we'll tell you what happened.

Nobody say **** to Denny... He's the last thing we need right now. I want to marinate in the possibility that the police got a run (by phone?) to the wrong house, shot a dog while laughing on into the night, and for some reason a sheriff showed up (eviction? Baby daddy paperwork?) and apologized for another agencies actions. Side note: these folks didn't use the radio or computer to get the run, get animal control, or locate an apologetic deputy.

Launching Boner Drone now.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    There's a lot of potential here. OP, we need some more to go off of... did the first officers on scene have on big black boots? Possibly with blood spatter on the heels?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just got more details on the stroy, this was apparently not related to the news article.

Unreliable, third-hand story follows:

Supposedly, the co-worker's neighbor calls about a domestic disturbance across the street from coworker. Police arrive, and start to enter the gate at co-worker's house. Neighbor sees this, and advises officer's that they are at the wrong address, he had called about the house across the street.

Officer tells neighbor he has it under control and enters gate anyway with sidearm drawn. Dog runs around from back of truck barking. Officer shoots dog multiple times, then exits gate and jokes with partner that he would have shot it in the head. Officers get into their car and leave without speaking to home owner. Domestic disturbance is still going on across the street.

Sheriff's officer arrives with animal control and apologizes.

Home owner is attempting to file a complaint, but does not have the officer's name because they left without speaking to the homeowner.

The dog's wallet is still unaccounted for.

That's totally unbelievable. I've seen animal control's response times. It's usually measured in tomorrows.

The rest seems totally legit, though. Well, except for the officer hitting anything. He probably shot AT the dog, the bullet ricocheted off of an armadillo, then a church bell, then hit the dog. Then he twirled his mustache, and went to tie someone to the railroad track for the deed to their ranch.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I get plenty of training.

He meant on useful things. Did you see the training announcement for how to have meaningful conversations? Talk to be persuasive, not abrasive. Talk to rescue, not attack. Talk to the hand, because the...wait, that's something different.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    The dead dog truck calls it a day at 1530. DPW does not see dead dogs as an emergency, so a work order is created for the dead dog truck driver if the call comes in after hours.

I like saying over the radio "We need a dead dog truck" at such location. DPW dispatch will request a description of the dead dog, and at some point in time it will get picked up. Plus nobody wants their streets lined with dead dogs.

I'm pretty sure the dead dog truck does not make house calls, they are picked up out of the right of way. Not sure if they do cats, but I'm confident there is no dead cat truck.

My guess the officer after shooting the dog 11 times went 10-8 no report, but we need a dead dog truck at 30th & MLK. Hence the confusion/cover up.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Does anyone know if the dog was sitting in a desk?

Can confirm:
    DogGame_zpsce94vppd.jpg

Top Bottom