• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    My vote is for using a jack. Either drill a hole through the post and bolt something to it to be able to put the jack under it, or you might be able to use ratchet straps to temporarily strap something to the post and put the jack under it. You'll probably want to put the jack on top of a board to create more surface area so the jack doesn't get pushed into the ground. Let us know how this ends up and what you used.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Remove box. Slide 4" pipe over 3" pipe. Reattach box to 4" pipe. Drink beers.

for-science-gif-4.gif

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Remove box from post.
    Change of address form from post office with address of your nicest neighbor - you know, the one who would drop off your “misdelivered” mail.
    Eventually, freeze thaw cycles and entropy will resolve the post.

Rbooher7526

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Someone was kind enough to hit my mailbox. It didn't damage the box as it is covered by a 3/16" of steel, but it did spin it around a little over 90 degrees so it doesn't face the road anymore. I've tried to turn it back, but no luck. Looks like I'm going to have to pull it up and re-sink it.

Now I am a lazy man at heart and believe in maximum results with minimal effort. Anyone have any tips on pulling that post out of the ground? I'm at a complete loss. I'm pretty sure that my initial thought of hooking my truck up to it and pulling it out will result in major lawn damage, which I would like to avoid. Goes back to that "lazy" part. LOL
    Ok just blow it out of the ground. You'll have a nice hole for your new pole.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    My vote is for using a jack. Either drill a hole through the post and bolt something to it to be able to put the jack under it, or you might be able to use ratchet straps to temporarily strap something to the post and put the jack under it. You'll probably want to put the jack on top of a board to create more surface area so the jack doesn't get pushed into the ground. Let us know how this ends up and what you used.
    This is where I'm leaning. However tannerite is running a close second!

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I know someone with lots of tannerite and he say's he is a expert.. just trying to help. But seriously I would cut the pipe and use a smaller one to put inside of it and drill it and put a bolt in it... Good luck! You will have all the advice you will ever need here and its free!

markholst

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2016
    Russiaville
    I know someone with lots of tannerite and he say's he is a expert.. just trying to help. But seriously I would cut the pipe and use a smaller one to put inside of it and drill it and put a bolt in it... Good luck! You will have all the advice you will ever need here and its free!
    So true! To be honest, I was expecting a few smart-a** replies, but the amount of really helpful replies surprised me. There are a lot of people that want to help a brother out. I am properly ashamed of my expectations and humbled beyond words. Although I used quite a few in this post...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I can't tell from the picture it doesn't look bent, can you put a pipe wrench on it at the base with a big cheater pipe and just spend it back around? I mean if they didn't bend it over when they hit it and just spun it seems like it'd be simple enough to spend it back in place. Easy to say sitting here at my kitchen counter looking out the window.

Top Bottom