Any talk of Indiana 2A Sanctuary counties or cities yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Here are some photos from today's Lawrence County 2A event. Really enjoyed meeting several INGO members.

Signing the petition:

law_2A-1.jpg

Grandma's like guns too!

law_2A-2.jpg

A couple of INGO's own.

law_2A-3.jpg

Sheriff Mike Branham gave a great talk, notice the two mags holding down his notes :>)

law_2A-4.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Gaffer's grandson William took this pic.

CUR2Ooc.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Hickman's live stream seems to be working...

[video=youtube;84G11R6JjMU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84G11R6JjMU[/video]

Thanks Burl, I meant to post but got caught up charging batteries and workout out the kinks before we started.

Our sheriff was less impressive than Martin County's...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not Indiana, but pretty big news. Gotta say, I like the term "preservation county".

[h=1]Arizona county becomes 'Second Amendment Preservation County' in support of gun rights
    [/h]

The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors in Arizona voted to pass the largely symbolic resolution to protect the right to bear arms against policies perceived as unconstitutional.

Maricopa County, home to Phoenix and about 4.4 million residents, followed La Paz, Yavapai and Mohave counties, which have already declared themselves “Second Amendment Sanctuaries,” FOX10 Phoenix reported. Others include counties and cities in Illinois, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Florida and Virginia.

However, Maricopa County chose not to use the term “Sanctuary County,” with Chairman Clint Hickman telling the Arizona Republic that “Preservation County” was a “better fit.”
    “I didn’t like that term,” he said of the word “sanctuary,” before adding, “Words mean things.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/arizona-county-second-amendment

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not Indiana, but pretty big news. Gotta say, I like the term "preservation county".

[h=1]Arizona county becomes 'Second Amendment Preservation County' in support of gun rights
    [/h]

The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors in Arizona voted to pass the largely symbolic resolution to protect the right to bear arms against policies perceived as unconstitutional.

Maricopa County, home to Phoenix and about 4.4 million residents, followed La Paz, Yavapai and Mohave counties, which have already declared themselves “Second Amendment Sanctuaries,” FOX10 Phoenix reported. Others include counties and cities in Illinois, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Florida and Virginia.

However, Maricopa County chose not to use the term “Sanctuary County,” with Chairman Clint Hickman telling the Arizona Republic that “Preservation County” was a “better fit.”
    “I didn’t like that term,” he said of the word “sanctuary,” before adding, “Words mean things.”

:thumbsup:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Now if I'm not mistaken unlike you, Hickman (his cryptic handle on INGO) DOES look like his avatar. Either that or there is someone out there who looks an awful lot like Hickman's avatar and is in fact, NOT Hickman. I can't remember where I saw him but I remember thinking "that's Hickman!" Big crowd, he disappeared before I could confirm.

lol, a little rounder these days

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Lawrence county is meeting with their commissioners Tuesday at 9:30am to present their petitions and proposed language. If I remember correctly they’ve been able to obtain around 2400 signatures.

Talonap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Ill Annoys (IL) For now

Arizona county becomes 'Second Amendment Preservation County' in support of gun rights

Of course the Maracopa County Sheriff already said he'd ignore the County resolution.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom